Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Builder need your advice

[te...]

As you know you help me with this liquid , I know you are very busy so I will refresh your memory .

I take  a 0.5 mg of Ativan and use 1 ml of vodka to dissolve it then add 49 ml of water . I make a new batch every day .

I have done well until I got to 22 mls I split that into 3 doses each day

I was dropping every other day by 0.03 and then I got stuck here at 22mls for 3 weeks symptoms  are no sleep and anxiety

Any suggestions ? Should I drop by less.  Or should I just keep going ?

Any suggestions would be helpful .

Thank you

Lisa

During even the most well-planned and careful taper, you can have some sxs.  And they may not even be benzo or taper related.

But I would certainly do a short hold (5-7 days) and if no improvement, an updose back to to last comfortable dose.  Then you might want to restart your taper a slightly slower pace.  (Just FYI, this is the exact procedure I followed at the one time I began to experience more than slight sxs.)

Thanks builder I have been holding 2 weeks some improvements but sleep still is difficult . How much slower should I go . Should I cut everyday other day ?

Thank you

Lisa

Thanks builder I have been holding 2 weeks some improvements but sleep still is difficult . How much slower should I go . Should I cut everyday other day ?

Thank you

Lisa

If sleep is the major issue, I would add a sleep aid, like doxylamine or dipenhydramine.  Sleep issues are an almost universal sxs during withdrawal, and unless its overwhelming, I would try address it with a sleep aid, and move forward with my taper.