Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Oil as a solvent?

[Tr...]

Could I use oil (say olive oil) as the solvent for my titration instead of Vodka? The Vodka somehow doesn't agree with me. I heard of a liquid form using Almond oil. So could I use olive oil instead to produce my own titration liquid? And how much would I need, the same as with Vodka: 1mg to 2 ml?  Anyone who tried this? Thanks.

Olive oil (or similar) is NOT a solvent, but can be used as a suspension agent.  It can be used in any concentration, but it can NOT be diliuted with water.

There are commercial  pharma suspension agents (OraPlus/OraSweet) that are probably much better, and can be diluted 50/50 with water.

Thanks, Builder. I should probably just don't worry about the alcohol.

Yes, just don't worry about the alcohol.  (West Labs, that mfgrs Diazepam Intensol liquid, doesn't worry about its 19% alcohol content!)

Or use propylene glycol.

Thanks, Builder. I should probably just don't worry about the alcohol.

Based on a current dose of 3.5mg (from your siggy)...

If you took the entire dose from a a 1mg:2ml:8ml solution (.1mg=1ml) the max amount of alcohol you would ever take is .08 ozs.  For reference, a standard cocktail/highball is about .7 ozs.  So you wouldn't get enough booze in a week to make a standard drink.

But PG works just as well.

Sorry to say the Vodka doesn't agree with at all. From day one I felt terrible. Plus bad stomach pain. So it's back to dry cutting.

Or would Pg be milder?