Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

A HELL of a recovery story: HEALED at 2.5 years

[Mu...]

Hey guys! I have waited to write this because I wanted to make sure that I was fully healed. As you know sometimes you can feel better for days, weeks or months and then have a wave again and feel like you are back at Ground Zero. But I can honestly say it has been a long while and I feel amazing.

My story starts (like many)  with a prescription for flight anxiety 10 years ago.! I had my first panic attack after traveling and had to be hospitalized thinking I was having abegart attack. All the classic symptoms (racing heart, faint felling, numb hands etc). I was given Ativan and immediately felt calm. I kept having panic attacks because I didn’t go to therapy and work on the actual cause I simply wanted to mask it with Ativan or alcohol. It was an easy fix. I didn’t want to do the hard work. My doctors never told me you can’t take benzos long term, nor did they warn me of the EXTREME cost of using them at all. Or, of course, like you, I would NEVER have touched them.

I went about my life, always having my friends, the bottle of pills in my purse. I started using them for daily activity and ANY time I was uncomfortable even slightly. My doc prescribed up to six milligrams a day (a LOT for a small framed girl.) little did I know, my amazing life would soon be halted in its tracks from my new found savior pills.

About 5 years into my Ativan prescription (which I never abused and most times would t even take my allotted 6 mg amount. I would take about 2-4 mg)I started having strange health symptoms. Feeling faint, dizzy spells, migraines, paranoid delusions etc. I fainted in public and was hospitalized. They tried to figure out what was happening to me, and even considered it might be MS. But no doctors ever suspected it was the pills!

I became extremely ill. My once full vibrant life was whittled down to nothing. I used to be super social, connect instantly with people, travel and stay up late. I’m a professional singer and even my voice became scratchy and weak. I could hardly breathe most days. More doctors and more test left me stumped. I became depressed and isolated from people and fun activities. I became extremely paranoid and had both DP abd DR. I was so weak I could hardly stand and my migraines would cause me to fall and bash into things. I couldn’t walk a straight line. I had to have friends and family care for me as I was now afraid of grocery stores, people, and life. I became basically a shut in. Which if you know me, is INSANE to think about! I was terrified to live like this. I had suicidal ideation and was plagued by dark thoughts and fear of the unknown. I felt COMPLETELY and utterly hopeless and alone. I would die this way; I was sure of it. I couldn’t even regulate heat anymore. Any temperatures higher than 75 would put me out for the whole day.

One day I had a health scare in a random part of town and was rushed to the ER. I had a seizure. The doc at the ER immediately asked about my prescription. He ran some tests and asked a ton of questions. No questions asked he told me I was in “benzo withdrawal”. Benzo withdrawal?! What’s that?! I was stumped. He explained to me that because my doctors had been so careless about the prescription and because I took them for so many years and irregularly, my body was in tolerance withdrawal. He proved it by giving me a dose of another benzo and I was IMMEDIATELY better. I felt somewhat normal. Ish. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I immediately called a friend of mine who works in recovery and said, dumbfoundedly, “I think I’m addicted to my benzos?! And I need help!”

3 days later MusicCares, a company that helps addicted musicians, contacted me and we talked about safe treatment. I couldn’t believe I had to be admitted somewhere to be monitored coming off my medication that MY DOCTOR had given me?!? I wasn’t a junky?! I was just a girl with anxiety who took her meds!!! I was floored but desperate and dying (literally).  The gap Between waiting to be admitted to treatment was a few days and I refused to take any pills so I went into full blown withdrawal. My boyfriend had left me because my health issues were too hard for him to handle and I wanted to die. I laid on my living room floor in full blown horrific hallucinations, tremors and sweating. My roommate laid with me holding my hand as I sobbed and shook.

I Went into rehab January 2017. I have a HUGE problem with cold turkey as a treatment. It kills people and causes them to relapse. Cold turkey is dangerous and should NEVER be attempted with benzo users as it can cause heart failure, seizure, and worse, PROTRACTED WITHDRAWL.  Nonetheless, my detox did a cold turkey 10 day program with me . I was placed on phenobarbital, and then released. Of course,  my body went into full withdrawal at around two weeks off benzos as it does. And I was hospitalized again even though I was technically clean. I kept having seizures so I was hospitalized where I flat lined twice. I DIED twice. And was brought back. My poor body was so fragile. I was 10 lbs underweight, grey and looked like a ghost. Nothing like myself. When I was released again I went into Intensive outpatient treatment and was reinstated on a benzo called Klonopin, in order to SAFELY taper slowly. Nonetheless I was stupid and wanted to be FREE quickly so I tapered in two months. Holy hell, AWFUL decision. I was placed on remeron for depression, trileptol for seizures, gabapentin for the extreme nerve pain I had and something else for mood stabilization. after the Klonopin taper I then had to taper everting else.  My first year was literally just a fight to survive.  I experienced extreme paranoia, depression, vertigo, neuropathy, tinnitus, hypersensitivity, night sweats, diarrhea for an entire year, the works. You name the withdrawal symptom, I had it. I was sooooo depressed. Clinically depressed. I finally understood what it meant to not want to go on. Not because I hated my life or myself or anything like that, but because I didn’t want to go living with so much physical and mental pain. I had SEVERE protracted withdrawal, meaning I would have a few good fats and then fall back into what felt like full blown withdrawal. I was paranoid, scared, hurting and had strange sensations like I could t walk a straight line. My head would feel li was on fire. Randomly, arms or legs would go numb. Some days I couldn’t leave my bed.

As the months stacked up I had more and more good days. I worked the 12 steps even though I didn’t technically feel like a traditional addict since I just followed doctor’s instructions, and it was life changing. I got into therapy and worked my ass off at that every single week. I slowly started to come back to life. I ate super healthy and a lot of healthy fats like avocados and omegas. Fish etc. I started working with other benzo addicts because only somebody who has been through what we’ve been through can truly understand and help another person. It was to my experience that doctors and even rehab and detox had no idea what they were dealing with. Literally none. And they wondered why people kept relapsing and or dying. I think people are starting to wake up to the dangers of this deadly drug but it is much too slow waiting for a safe way to detox.

My detox lasted over 2 years. It was hell. I won’t sugar coat it.  But, because my dad died of this exact issue I refused to give up. Because I came across so many people in treatment who couldn’t stay off of this awful drug I refused to give up. A lot of days it was literally just me being stubborn that kept me holding on. I refused to be a statistic. I refused to reinstate. I would have rather died then reinstated and I don’t say that lightly.  There were days that all I could do was cry on the floor and wait for the symptoms to pass. There were days six month ad a year in where I threw up and had my head go numb.  i’m not here to sugarcoat it for you and tell you it will be easy and that you will be OK because I find if I did that and you wondered why you were having symptoms months in you might feel crazy. The fact is everybody’s detox is completely different! My experience very well may not be your experience, or that very well may be! I do find similarities in all of our stories so I think there is a general timeline for people based on how much and how long you were on it. But I also found the more I read the more fear I had that maybe it would last forever. Two years is a long time to withdraw from anything. I’m not saying I didn’t have good days good weeks we’re good months because I absolutely did but then inevitably I would have another wave and I would feel like I was back at Ground Zero. That’s enough to break anybody. But it did the opposite for me. I used it as momentum to better my life, make healthier choices, and become a better person all around I  i’m not saying I didn’t have good days good weeks or good months because I absolutely did but then inevitably I would have another wave and I would feel like I was back at Ground Zero. That’s enough to break anybody. But it did the opposite for me. I used it as momentum to better my life, make healthier choices, and become a better person all around. have literally experienced hell on earth and it led to the most beautiful life for me. I fell AMAZING today.

Today, I am the healthiest I have been in years. My skin is glowing, my body looks amazing, I have more energy that I know what to do with, and I have such deep connections with people and nature around me because I have experienced something so profound. I jumped back into my career and I’ve traveled so many amazing paces. I have learned ways to manage anxiety without pills BUT let me tell you, I really don’t have any. Hardly ever!  If you would’ve told me there would be a day where I wouldn’t have anxiety anymore I would’ve called you insane. I couldn’t picture my life without panic attacks or anxiety. I have had one panic attack in the past year. One. I used to have one a day.  I also started microdosing mushrooms at 1.5 years med free, to help speed up my recovery and repair all the nerve damage. I would not recommend this in the first year. This was recommended to me by brain surgeon friend of mine, and I read a lot about it before trying it (I was very very nervous about it) But I wanted to give my brain a year off of everything to do it’s own thing before I started doing anything else. I can honestly say microdosing mushrooms has been life-changing for me. You can read about it and how it repairs and creates new neurons , Which for me with my benzo brain damage was desparately needed. Everyone is different, so your journey is your own. I’ve also read of people having success with CBD, but I always found it put me into a wave. Unfortunately. So I don’t choose to use it. All this combined with an extremely clean and healthy diet, tons of exercise and at least 20 minutes a day of sunlight, therapy, a great support network etc;  I do not drink coffee or alcohol. I drink green tea.

Why was this my journey? I may never know. But I can say that being able to walk someone else through this nightmare has paid me back ten fold. I have spoken many times about this and having people come up to me and ask for my number or text me when they are hallucinating in their bed; that’s a feeling unlike any other.  Hopefully someday none of us will have to go through this ever again! But until that day I’m glad I survived it so that I can be there for YOU.  If you are here reading success stories and you feel like you will never heal or that you can’t do it or that it’s too hard or that it’s not worth going on, just know that I have a literally been in your shoes. If I can do it you can and you will feel like a complete bad ass on the other side.

You CAN do it. I promise.

I would be honored to hear from or be there for you. Please comment below or inbox me where you’re at or your thoughts

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story. I can relate to much of what you have written here and I appreciate it so much. Congratulations for winning the battle and offering all of us hope!

Dear Musicbuddy:

What a great share and congratulations on the hard work that lead to your full recovery.

I am really interested in the neurologists' work with you using "micro dose thing mushrooms".  You used this phrase a couple of times in

your story.  Would you care to expand your story and possibly share links.  I have read some about the use of psychedelics to reset brain patterns and know I have more healing from long term benzo use before I would ever seek this kind of help.  I have also had severe

acute reactions from taking antibiotics and benzos together so I feel like this may be something that may help me down the road.

I appreciate any information you want to share.

Have a wonderful life :smitten:

Klonkar

Thanks so much for sharing your incredible story. Fellow singer here - my voice feels so bizarre lately!

I think I had a setback at 7 months (8.5 now.) Blew out my system moving apartments in NYC. Could you maybe share a tale of “I’m kind of getting better!... *]%%!!!”? I think hearing those kind of specifics from someone healed would mean the world to a lot of us, as (as you wrote re ground zero) it can feels like all is lost and we can’t bear to lose ground in this sadistic war.

Thank you.

Hello! I love your story. Congratulations for recovering completely!

I think my problem was also abstinence from tolerance. since I did not abuse the pills and rather I took them and left them continuously because I did not want to take them.

I would like to know what you mean by microdosing mushrooms, I have 20 months off and although my symptoms have varied, I do not recover. :smitten:

Well done!

Can I ask if you had any s very muscle contracture and rigidity?

Also did you become super sensitive to all meds and a lot of foods etc?

I am SO happy that you had the strength and will to overcome this. I can tell I am getting closer to full healing at about a year out and I am beginning to see how much more beautiful life is on the other side of this.

Congratulations, I know your new life will have been worth all of the suffering. Keep supplying hope to others  :smitten:

na-

Congratulations! Your story gives me hope! I pray that I heal soo, I do not know how much more I can take and my doctor has no clue. Idk know what to do and feel like I am heading to early PAWS. I'm praying for the good lord to heal me and send me a miracle!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
[Ta...]
On 18-9-2019 at 01:50, [[M...] said:

Hallo jongens! Ik heb gewacht met het schrijven van dit omdat ik er zeker van wilde zijn dat ik volledig genezen was. Zoals je weet kun je je soms dagen, weken of maanden beter voelen en dan weer even zwaaien en het gevoel hebben dat je weer terug bent op Ground Zero. Maar ik kan eerlijk zeggen dat het een lange tijd geleden is en ik voel me geweldig.

Mijn verhaal begint (zoals velen) met een recept voor vliegangst 10 jaar geleden.! Ik kreeg mijn eerste paniekaanval na een reis en moest in het ziekenhuis worden opgenomen, omdat ik dacht dat ik een abegartaanval kreeg. Alle klassieke symptomen (hartkloppingen, flauwvallen, gevoelloze handen enz.). Ik kreeg Ativan en voelde me onmiddellijk kalm. Ik bleef paniekaanvallen krijgen omdat ik niet naar therapie ging en niet aan de werkelijke oorzaak werkte. Ik wilde het gewoon maskeren met Ativan of alcohol. Het was een gemakkelijke oplossing. Ik wilde het zware werk niet doen. Mijn artsen hebben me nooit verteld dat je benzos niet langdurig kunt gebruiken, en ze hebben me ook niet gewaarschuwd voor de EXTREME kosten die het gebruik ervan met zich meebrengt. Anders zou ik ze, net als jij, NOOIT hebben aangeraakt.

Ik ging door met mijn leven, altijd met mijn vrienden, het flesje pillen in mijn tas. Ik begon ze te gebruiken voor dagelijkse activiteiten en ELKE keer voelde ik me zelfs maar een beetje ongemakkelijk. Mijn dokter schreef tot zes milligram per dag voor (VEEL voor een klein meisje). Ik wist niet dat mijn geweldige leven spoedig tot stilstand zou komen door mijn nieuw gevonden verlossingspillen.

Ongeveer 5 jaar na mijn Ativan-recept (dat ik nooit heb misbruikt en meestal niet eens de mij toegewezen hoeveelheid van 6 mg wilde innemen. Ik zou ongeveer 2-4 mg nemen) begon ik vreemde gezondheidssymptomen te krijgen. Ik voelde me flauw, duizelig, migraine, paranoïde wanen enz. Ik viel in het openbaar flauw en werd in het ziekenhuis opgenomen. Ze probeerden erachter te komen wat er met mij aan de hand was en dachten zelfs dat het MS zou kunnen zijn. Maar geen enkele dokter vermoedde ooit dat het de pillen waren!

Ik werd extreem ziek. Mijn ooit zo levendige leven werd tot niets gereduceerd. Ik was super sociaal, maakte direct contact met mensen, reisde en bleef laat op. Ik ben een professionele zanger en zelfs mijn stem werd krassend en zwak. Ik kon de meeste dagen nauwelijks ademen. Meer artsen en meer tests lieten me met stomheid geslagen. Ik werd depressief en geïsoleerd van mensen en leuke activiteiten. Ik werd extreem paranoïde en had zowel DP als DR. Ik was zo zwak dat ik nauwelijks kon staan en mijn migraine zorgde ervoor dat ik viel en tegen dingen aan botste. Ik kon geen rechte lijn lopen. Ik had vrienden en familie nodig die voor me zorgden, omdat ik nu bang was voor supermarkten, mensen en het leven. Ik werd eigenlijk een opsluiting. Wat, als je mij kent, KRANKZINNIG is om over na te denken! Ik was doodsbang om zo te leven. Ik had zelfmoordgedachten en werd geplaagd door duistere gedachten en angst voor het onbekende. Ik voelde me VOLLEDIG en volkomen hopeloos en alleen. Ik zou op deze manier sterven; Ik was er zeker van. Ik kon de warmte niet eens meer regelen. Elke temperatuur hoger dan 75 graden zou mij de hele dag buitensluiten.

Op een dag kreeg ik een gezondheidsprobleem in een willekeurig deel van de stad en werd ik met spoed naar de Eerste Hulp gebracht. Ik kreeg een aanval. De dokter op de Eerste Hulp vroeg onmiddellijk naar mijn recept. Hij voerde een aantal tests uit en stelde een heleboel vragen. Er werden geen vragen gesteld en hij vertelde me dat ik in “benzo-ontwenning” zat. Benzo terugtrekking?! Wat is dat?! Ik was stomverbaasd. Hij legde me uit dat omdat mijn artsen zo onzorgvuldig met het recept waren omgegaan en omdat ik ze zo vele jaren en op onregelmatige wijze gebruikte, mijn lichaam in een terugtrekking van de tolerantie verkeerde. Hij bewees het door mij een dosis van een andere benzo te geven en ik was ONMIDDELLIJK beter. Ik voelde me enigszins normaal. Isj. Ik kon niet geloven wat ik hoorde. Ik belde meteen een vriend van mij die in de herstelsector werkt en zei stomverbaasd: “Ik denk dat ik verslaafd ben aan mijn benzo's?! En ik heb hulp nodig!”

Drie dagen later nam MusicCares, een bedrijf dat verslaafde muzikanten helpt, contact met mij op en spraken we over een veilige behandeling. Ik kon niet geloven dat ik ergens moest worden opgenomen om gecontroleerd te worden vanwege de medicatie die MIJN ARTS mij had gegeven?!? Ik was geen junk?! Ik was gewoon een meisje met angst dat haar medicijnen nam!!! Ik was gevloerd maar wanhopig en stervende (letterlijk). De kloof tussen het wachten om te worden toegelaten tot de behandeling duurde een paar dagen en ik weigerde pillen te slikken, dus ging ik volledig afkicken. Mijn vriend had me verlaten omdat mijn gezondheidsproblemen te zwaar voor hem waren en ik dood wilde. Ik lag op de vloer van mijn woonkamer in volslagen gruwelijke hallucinaties, trillingen en zweten. Mijn kamergenoot lag bij mij en hield mijn hand vast terwijl ik huilde en schudde.

Ik ging in januari 2017 naar de afkickkliniek. Ik heb een GROOT probleem met cold turkey als behandeling. Het doodt mensen en zorgt ervoor dat ze terugvallen. Cold Turkey is gevaarlijk en mag NOOIT worden geprobeerd bij benzogebruikers, omdat dit hartfalen, epileptische aanvallen en erger nog, LANGDURIGE ONTREKKING kan veroorzaken. Niettemin deed mijn detox een 10-daags programma met koude kalkoen. Ik werd op fenobarbital geplaatst en daarna vrijgelaten. Natuurlijk ging mijn lichaam na ongeveer twee weken zonder benzos volledig terugtrekken, zoals nu het geval is. En ik werd opnieuw in het ziekenhuis opgenomen, ook al was ik technisch schoon. Ik kreeg steeds aanvallen, dus werd ik in het ziekenhuis opgenomen, waar ik twee keer plat lag. Ik stierf twee keer. En werd teruggebracht. Mijn arme lichaam was zo kwetsbaar. Ik was 5 kg te licht, grijs en zag eruit als een geest. Niets zoals ik. Toen ik weer werd vrijgelaten, ging ik naar een intensieve poliklinische behandeling en kreeg ik weer een benzo genaamd Klonopin, om VEILIG langzaam af te bouwen. Niettemin was ik dom en wilde ik snel VRIJ zijn, dus bouwde ik binnen twee maanden af. Heilige hel, verschrikkelijke beslissing. Ik kreeg remeron voor depressie, trileptol voor epileptische aanvallen, gabapentine voor de extreme zenuwpijn die ik had en iets anders voor stemmingsstabilisatie. na de Klonopin-afbouw moest ik vervolgens verder afbouwen. Mijn eerste jaar was letterlijk een gevecht om te overleven. Ik heb een heel jaar last gehad van extreme paranoia, depressie, duizeligheid, neuropathie, oorsuizen, overgevoeligheid, nachtelijk zweten, diarree, het werkt. Noem maar een ontwenningsverschijnsel, ik had het. Ik was zooooo depressief. Klinisch depressief. Eindelijk begreep ik wat het betekende om niet verder te willen gaan. Niet omdat ik mijn leven of mezelf haatte of iets dergelijks, maar omdat ik niet met zoveel fysieke en mentale pijn wilde leven. Ik had een ERNSTIGE langdurige ontwenning, wat betekende dat ik een paar goede vetten zou hebben en dan terug zou vallen in wat voelde als een volledige ontwenning. Ik was paranoïde, bang, had pijn en had vreemde gevoelens alsof ik geen rechte lijn kon lopen. Mijn hoofd voelde alsof ik in brand stond. Willekeurig zouden armen of benen gevoelloos worden. Op sommige dagen kon ik mijn bed niet uit.

Naarmate de maanden zich opstapelden, had ik steeds meer goede dagen. Ik heb de twaalf stappen doorlopen, ook al voelde ik mij technisch gezien niet als een traditionele verslaafde, omdat ik gewoon de instructies van de dokter opvolgde, en het was levensveranderend. Ik ging in therapie en werkte daar elke week keihard aan. Ik begon langzaam weer tot leven te komen. Ik at supergezond en veel gezonde vetten zoals avocado’s en omega’s. Vissen etc. Ik begon met andere benzoverslaafden te werken omdat alleen iemand die heeft meegemaakt wat wij hebben meegemaakt een ander persoon echt kan begrijpen en helpen. Het was mijn ervaring dat artsen en zelfs revalidatie- en detoxafdelingen geen idee hadden waar ze mee te maken hadden. Letterlijk geen. En ze vroegen zich af waarom mensen steeds terugvielen en/of stierven. Ik denk dat mensen zich bewust beginnen te worden van de gevaren van deze dodelijke drug, maar het wachten op een veilige manier om te ontgiften gaat veel te langzaam.

Mijn detox duurde ruim 2 jaar. Het was een hel. Ik zal het niet met suiker bedekken. Maar omdat mijn vader precies aan dit probleem stierf, weigerde ik op te geven. Omdat ik zoveel mensen in behandeling tegenkwam die niet van dit vreselijke medicijn af konden blijven, weigerde ik op te geven. Veel dagen was het letterlijk alleen maar mijn koppigheid die ervoor zorgde dat ik volhield. Ik weigerde een statistiek te zijn. Ik weigerde te herstellen. Ik was liever gestorven dan hersteld en dat zeg ik niet lichtvaardig. Er waren dagen dat ik alleen maar op de grond kon huilen en wachten tot de symptomen voorbij waren. Er waren dagen van zes maanden tot een jaar waarin ik moest overgeven en mijn hoofd gevoelloos werd. Ik ben hier niet om het voor je te verzachten en je te vertellen dat het gemakkelijk zal zijn en dat het goed met je zal gaan, want ik merk dat als ik dat deed en je je afvroeg waarom je maandenlang symptomen had, je je misschien gek zou voelen. Het feit is dat ieders detox compleet anders is! Mijn ervaring is misschien niet jouw ervaring, of dat kan heel goed zijn! Ik vind overeenkomsten in al onze verhalen, dus ik denk dat er een algemene tijdlijn is voor mensen, gebaseerd op hoeveel en hoe lang je ermee bezig was. Maar ik merkte ook dat hoe meer ik las, hoe meer angst ik had dat het misschien voor altijd zou duren. Twee jaar is een lange tijd om je ergens aan te onttrekken. Ik zeg niet dat ik geen goede dagen, goede weken heb gehad, het zijn goede maanden, want dat had ik absoluut wel, maar dan zou ik onvermijdelijk weer een golf krijgen en het gevoel hebben dat ik terug was op Ground Zero. Dat is genoeg om iemand te breken. Maar bij mij deed het het tegenovergestelde. Ik gebruikte het als momentum om mijn leven te verbeteren, gezondere keuzes te maken en een beter mens te worden. Ik zeg niet dat ik geen goede dagen, goede weken of goede maanden heb gehad, want dat had ik absoluut, maar dan zou ik er onvermijdelijk nog een hebben zwaai en ik zou het gevoel hebben dat ik terug was op Ground Zero. Dat is genoeg om iemand te breken. Maar bij mij deed het het tegenovergestelde. Ik gebruikte het als momentum om mijn leven te verbeteren, gezondere keuzes te maken en overal een beter mens te worden. heb letterlijk de hel op aarde meegemaakt en het heeft voor mij tot het mooiste leven geleid. Ik ben vandaag GEWELDIG gevallen.

Vandaag ben ik de gezondste die ik in jaren ben geweest. Mijn huid straalt, mijn lichaam ziet er geweldig uit, ik heb meer energie waar ik weet wat ik mee moet doen, en ik heb zulke diepe verbindingen met de mensen en de natuur om me heen omdat ik zoiets diepgaands heb meegemaakt. Ik sprong terug in mijn carrière en ik heb zoveel geweldige stappen afgelegd. Ik heb manieren geleerd om met angst om te gaan zonder pillen, MAAR laat me je vertellen: die heb ik echt niet. Bijna nooit! Als je mij had verteld dat er een dag zou komen waarop ik geen angst meer zou hebben, zou ik je voor gek hebben verklaard. Ik kon me mijn leven niet voorstellen zonder paniekaanvallen of angst. Het afgelopen jaar heb ik één paniekaanval gehad. Een. Vroeger had ik er één per dag. Ik begon ook met het microdoseren van paddenstoelen toen ik 1,5 jaar geen medicijnen meer kreeg, om mijn herstel te versnellen en alle zenuwschade te herstellen. Ik zou dit het eerste jaar niet aanraden. Dit werd mij aanbevolen door een vriend van mij, een hersenchirurg, en ik heb er veel over gelezen voordat ik het probeerde (ik was er heel erg zenuwachtig over). Maar ik wilde mijn hersenen een jaar vrij geven van alles om hun eigen ding te doen voordat ik begon iets anders te doen. Ik kan eerlijk zeggen dat het microdoseren van paddenstoelen voor mij levensveranderend is geweest. Je kunt erover lezen en hoe het nieuwe neuronen herstelt en aanmaakt, wat voor mij met mijn benzo-hersenschade hard nodig was. Iedereen is anders, dus jouw reis is de jouwe. Ik heb ook gelezen dat mensen succes hadden met CBD, maar ik merkte altijd dat het me in een golf bracht. Helaas. Ik kies er dus niet voor om het te gebruiken. Dit alles gecombineerd met een extreem schoon en gezond dieet, veel lichaamsbeweging en minstens 20 minuten per dag zonlicht, therapie, een geweldig ondersteunend netwerk enz.; Ik drink geen koffie of alcohol. Ik drink groene thee.

Waarom was dit mijn reis? Ik zal het misschien nooit weten. Maar ik kan wel zeggen dat het mij tienvoudig heeft terugbetaald als ik iemand anders door deze nachtmerrie kon loodsen. Ik heb hier vaak over gesproken en mensen komen naar me toe en vragen om mijn nummer of sms'en als ze in bed aan het hallucineren zijn; dat is een gevoel als geen ander. Hopelijk hoeft niemand van ons dit ooit nog mee te maken! Maar tot die dag ben ik blij dat ik het overleefd heb zodat ik er voor JOU kan zijn. Als je hier succesverhalen leest en het gevoel hebt dat je nooit zult genezen, of dat je het niet kunt, of dat het te moeilijk is of dat het niet de moeite waard is om door te gaan, weet dan dat ik letterlijk in jouw schoenen heb gestaan. Als ik het kan, kun jij het ook en zul je je aan de andere kant een complete slechterik voelen.

Je kunt het. Ik beloof.

Ik zou het een eer vinden om van u te horen of er voor u te zijn. Reageer hieronder of stuur me een bericht waar je bent of wat je gedachten zijn

Dear madam, 26 months ago  I stopped CT with Klonopin 12mg every 2 days (often enough every day) 2mg Lorazepam a day and drops of Tramadol (Contramal) that I used quite often. At the start of my ct I had auditive, tactile and Visual hallucinations, blurred and double vision, cramps in my whole body, burning pain in my belly and legs, my head and eyes turned In bizar directions against my will and, well about everything you describe that you had....It was pure hell, I thought I became insane and I was going to die. I didn't sleep for months... and I had to urinate every 1/2h, day and night during 9 or 10 months. Now, I feel much better. I still have cramps, a burning head, needles and pins, I go to the bathroom 8 to 11 times during the day and mostly 3 times at night. But sometimes I'm afraid my bladder will never heal again and I will suffer in withdrawal until the day I die. In december I will have 73 year. I'm a woman, I visited urologists, the last one said she would remove my bladder,  I had medication, treatment with a fysio (PTNS and TENS) but nothing helped. Do you think I still can heal? I so hope that you still visit BB and will be kind to answer and help me. God bless you, Tante