Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Check Calculations Before I see Doctor

[Qu...]

So I'm holding at 2mgs now, probably for a month after reinstating after a c/t. But I have an appointment to see a psychiatrist and I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about when I see him in a couple of days. When I used Jim Hawk's online calculator to figure out the taper rate for:

2mgs K, at 5% drop every 14 days (this is the one where the percentage shifts with each dose) I get a taper length of 1,200 days. Does this make sense?

thanks!

Just my two cents, but I think I’d start at 10% every 14 days and see if that was tolerable. 1,200 days is around three years... IMO way longer than should be necessary.

Glad you’re holding okay art 2mgs, Q.

:)

thanks challis. The walking is better. The anxiety is still there, though improved. Not sure if I should wait till that settles (if it ever would), or updose a little more until it's better before beginning the taper. Does anyone have an opinion on if it's advisable to start a taper symptomatic? I would assume that will mean it will be there the whole time and a year and a half or three years is a long time to go like that.

Me again. 

When I reinstated, the symptoms that came on when I tried to jump too early didn’t fully disappear. I was still symptomatic, though much less so, when I restarted my taper.

I would say to start again when you feel ready, but I wouldn’t wait to be asymptomatic. It may not happen.

Remember that it may take two weeks for the reinstatement to fully kick in because of clonazepam’s long-acting nature. I think it’s only been a few days, right?  Things are likely to get a bit better.

Yeah just a few days. I guess I should feel lucky reinstating worked at all after four months. I jiat burned through so much hope and energy the first time that this is gonna be tough. Thanks for your input!