Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

How to taper from a non standard "smaller" dose? Any help appreciated!

[So...]

I tried to jump down from .25 to about .125 and then I realized I might have made too big of a jump and was not feeling well so I went back up to slightly more than .25...yes, after getting educated I realize it was a bad move to make that big of a jump.

Now, I feel stuck, because, instead of doing a liquid taper from a straight .25, I am at this slightly under .25 dose and don't know how to best proceed. I have been at slightly under .25 for a couple of weeks. I am trying to dry cut and don't know how to keep it to 5-10% with this method. I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Hi SS,

I’m going to move this to Titration.  If I’m reading your post wrong and you wish to continue dry cutting, let me know and I’ll move it back here.

Challis

I tried to jump down from .25 to about .125 and then I realized I might have made too big of a jump and was not feeling well so I went back up to slightly more than .25...yes, after getting educated I realize it was a bad move to make that big of a jump.

Now, I feel stuck, because, instead of doing a liquid taper from a straight .25, I am at this slightly under .25 dose and don't know how to best proceed. I have been at slightly under .25 for a couple of weeks. I am trying to dry cut and don't know how to keep it to 5-10% with this method. I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Check your PMs.