Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Need help with numbers builder help

[Jo...]

Hello

Iam planning to do a liquid taper from diazepam

And i want to make sure iam current with the numbers i want to deduct 0.50 mg a month my starting dose is 7 mg i will be using 7 pills of 10 mg

7×10=70+140pg+560 water=700ml = 70 mg diazepam 70 ml = 7 mg of diazepam am i right?

And then reduce 0.20 ml daily from 70ml please confirm i am current my retarted benzo brain is not good with numbers

Thank you good people

Hello

And i want to make sure iam current with the numbers i want to deduct 0.50 mg a month my starting dose is 7 mg i will be using 7 pills of 10 mg

7×10=70+140pg+490water=700ml = 70 mg diazepam 70 ml = 7 mg of diazepam am i right?

140ml + 560 ml = 700 ml

And then reduce 0.20 ml daily from 70ml please confirm i am current my retarted benzo brain is not good with numbers

Thank you good people

That will work

Hello

7×10=70+140pg+490water=700ml= 70 mg diazepam 70 ml = 7 mg of diazepam am i right?

Hello, JD.  Just double-checking and clarifying for you and other Buddies who might read your post ...

Per your formula above, 140pg + 490water = 630mL of liquid not 700 mL.  This would yield a solution that is 70mg of diazepam divided by 630mL of liquid = .11 mg/mL in concentration.  So 70mLs would equal 70 X .11 or 7.7mg of diazepam.

The revised formula builder gave you - 70mg of diazepam + 140mL of PG + 560mL of water - would produce 700mL of liquid at a 0.1mg/mL concentration.  So, 70mLs of liquid would equal 7.0 mg of diazepam.

AOK!

FYI You indicated you want to reduce your dose by 0.5mg of diazepam a month.

If you reduce your dose by 0.2mL a day, you will reduce your dose by 0.6mg a month.  Not a huge difference but thought you might want to know.

Here’s the math:

0.2mL of a 0.1mg/mL liquid = 0.02mg of diazepam

0.02mg per day X 30 days = 0.6mg a month

Yes iam aware of that i see how my body will react

And maybe i will reduce every other day its no big deal but thanks for your concern i appreciate it

AOK!

If you reduce your dose by 0.2mL a day, you will reduce your dose by 0.6mg a month.  Not a huge difference but thought you might want to know.

Here’s the math:

Just FYI, I did the  original calculation for him.  .5mg/30 days is actually  .0167, so we rounded up to the .02. 

Keeping the dosing schedule to 2 decimal places (1 decimal for liquid) makes it all much simpler.

AOK!

Here’s the math:

Just FYI, I did the  original calculation for him.  .5mg/30 days is actually  .0167, so we rounded up to the .02. 

Keeping the dosing schedule to 2 decimal places (1 decimal for liquid) makes it all much simpler.

Ah ha! I didn’t backtrack through previous posts so just went with what the OP shared in this thread. Rounding up to make things simpler math-wise makes perfect sense to me.  Thanks for letting me know.

AOK!

Here’s the math:

Ah ha! I didn’t backtrack through previous posts so just went with what the OP shared in this thread. Rounding up to make things simpler math-wise makes perfect sense to me.  Thanks for letting me know.

When I first read his post here, I wondered where he came up with .02.  Then I remembered. ;)