Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Video instructions?

[Qu...]

I keep seeing in people's posts that there are videos that members (and others) have made detailing the various instructions for titrating. But I can't find any that are still active. The pinned ones above are all down. Can someone point me to one/some that work? I'm especially interested in klonopin instructions, but I'd like to be able to look at something! I'm a visual person and when I start hearing percentages I get easily confused.

I keep seeing in people's posts that there are videos that members (and others) have made detailing the various instructions for titrating. But I can't find any that are still active. The pinned ones above are all down. Can someone point me to one/some that work? I'm especially interested in klonopin instructions, but I'd like to be able to look at something! I'm a visual person and when I start hearing percentages I get easily confused.

I'd also be interested in this! I'm esp. interested in Klonopin instructions too! Thanks  :smitten:

There are some on YouTube,  but they mostly use water. That's not the right way to do it, as I learned here. But the principal is the same, I suppose.  Just type in " benzo titration " and they'll appear in a list.

There are some on YouTube,  but they mostly use water. That's not the right way to do it, as I learned here. But the principal is the same, I suppose.  Just type in " benzo titration " and they'll appear in a list.

Thank you, Trochsetter  :smitten:

I'm especially interested in klonopin instructions, but I'd like to be able to look at something! I'm a visual person and when I start hearing percentages I get easily confused.

Well, all a liquid taper involves is a couple of simple calculations to figure a taper rate, and combining 2 or 3 ingredients to make a solution.  Not really sure how a video would help with that.

following.

i already make my clonazepam solution and have it down now for about a month, but if someone makles a video showing how to do it correctly, not the water titration method but the one using a solvent and dilution with water...i'd love to put a link to it on my blog and fb, etc.  :thumbsup:

Some of us are "visual learners",  as in a picture is worth a thousand words, thus a video demonstrating the supplies used, the 1:2:8 method and detailed "how to" would be extremely helpful. 

Some of us are "visual learners",  as in a picture is worth a thousand words, thus a video demonstrating the supplies used, the 1:2:8 method and detailed "how to" would be extremely helpful.

:thumbsup:

It's probably not exactly what you're looking for but, FYI, here's an instructional video regarding the use of a special app to assist in preparing (and tweaking) taper plans.  As far as I'm aware, it's the only video put together by a BB.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204085.msg2644879#msg2644879

FYI, members such as Jim Hawk and Bella Amis were at one time very active in assisting with tapering questions.  They obviously shouldn't be regarded as "experts" but it might also be helpful to review some of their past posts.

I agree that a video demo would be a great idea.  Maybe when one of you have got the process down pat, you'll stick one up for everyone else? ;)

Greetings, QQ.  Clearly, you are not the only Buddie who is a visual learner!  :)

Below is a link to a video that shows one way to approach liquid titration.  In this case, the individual is preparing a homemade liquid using a regular clonazepam tablet and whole fat, homogenized milk.  He is then following a daily microtaper schedule to reduce his dose equally across four daily doses.

Two comments.  First, he is nearing the end of his taper so is taking all of his dose in liquid form.  However, he may well have used a combination of tablets and liquid before he reached this point (many people do).  Second, his “technique” could be improved via the use of glass instead of plastic containers for his daily doses (doing so would decrease the potential for drug loss to the inner surface of the container).

“Milk Demo”

PS 1: Trochsetter makes an important point about the “water titration” videos that abound on the Internet.  Clonazepam, like most benzodiazepines, does NOT dissolve in water so what the “water titraters” are making is a suspension and a highly unstable one at that (water is a poor suspension agent b/c of its low viscosity).

PS 2: Below is a direct link to the help section of the online taper tool that abcd referenced you might find helpful:

Benzodiazepine Liquid Taper Help

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationHelp.htm?help=Readme+First

Edit: Added link to Liquid Taper Help

This is really helpful, thanks! Reading through the comments I noticed a lot of people had the same question I did ... Isn't there a way to avoid throwing all that milk/benzo out!?

and THATS what I can't wrap my brain around with typed out math and even instructions. My benzo brain went from calculus to not understanding decimals.

and THATS what I can't wrap my brain around with typed out math and even instructions. My benzo brain went from calculus to not understanding decimals.

Your doc gives a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instructions are "  Take 10 tsp the first day, then lower your dose by 1 tsp each day after that."

Only instead of teaspoons, your doing mls.  But the procedure is exactly the same.  And instead of the docs dosing instructions, you follow the instructions you (or some spreadsheet) have already prepared.

And you don't even need to "understand" decimals, just now that moving it left or right just divides or multiplys by 10.

.1mg=1ml

.5mg=5ml

1mg=10ml

10mg=100ml

25mg=250ml

etc...

And video presentations are great, but I don't see how you could put the above  in a video.

It was just a bummer to have the videos in the pinned topics no longer function. One's been removed now. There are some directions from Colin remaining, though those videos are also defunct. I think I get it now but there are some things I learned from watching things that I didn't get from some of the written directions. Don't use plastic containers to store things long term, wrap tape around your syringes to keep the markings from rubbing off, etc. Not that that can't be typed out, just that there are so many of us whose brains are mush its useful to be able to see stuff. Also, I TRUST that I understand what I can see more than what I read; stupid brain. Thanks for the posts everyone, and for the links abcd and Libertas.

It was just a bummer to have the videos in the pinned topics no longer function. One's been removed now. There are some directions from Colin remaining, though those videos are also defunct. I think I get it now but there are some things I learned from watching things that I didn't get from some of the written directions. Don't use plastic containers to store things long term, wrap tape around your syringes to keep the markings from rubbing off, etc. Not that that can't be typed out, just that there are so many of us whose brains are mush its useful to be able to see stuff. Also, I TRUST that I understand what I can see more than what I read; stupid brain. Thanks for the posts everyone, and for the links abcd and Libertas.

Plastic containers are fine!

Plastic containers are fine!

According to Bob7, a medical engineer who works at a company that is developing a new way to feed NICU babies breast milk, up to 20% of milk fat can stick to the walls of a container if you use plastic instead of glass.

I wonder why milk, vodka, and Rx benzos, come in plastic containers?

PVC  tubing, used for IV lines does in fact absorb some benzos.  But 1)  PVC is NOT used for containers, and 2) I know of no other plastic that has been shown to interact with benzos.