Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Need help with the numbers.

[en...]

Math is NOT my thing. Here's my plan and need to know if I'm making sense or if someone has a better plan.

I'm presently at 1 mg and my goal is to reduce to .5 mg. If I take .25 mg and mix with 28 ml of liquid (I'll be taking the .75 mg as whole tablets) and remove 1 ml, then 2 ml, etc for 28 days, that'll get me to .75 mg at what I think is a slow taper. And then I'd do about the same for the next .25 mg, all depending of how I feel.

I welcome all feedback. Thanks.

I think that is a huge jump for you! Are you over the shingles? Remember, going to .25mg from 1mg is a 25% cut. Way too much. You want to go to .5mg right away? It might be good to do a DLMT. A DLMT allows you to make small cuts and not having waste any. You don't have pull off anything.

A 5-10% cut is safer way to go. You just had to up dose because your cut was too much.

I am sure Builder who the math expert can formulate a titration for you. It is very easy to do. I don't get the way that you are describing it. I would wait and get some help here. Why the big rush? It puts a lot of stress on the body as I stated in another post. Shingles can be a result.

A 10% taper would be .1mg. That is a lot more reasonable than 25%. You will be in same boat as you just were. There is no way to rush this process unless you want to have a lot of symptoms. Just trying to help here and prevent you from suffering. 

A 10% taper would be .1mg. That is a lot more reasonable than 25%. You will be in same boat as you just were. There is no way to rush this process unless you want to have a lot of symptoms. Just trying to help here and prevent you from suffering. 

After I posted I realized I was off. Thanks. I still need help with the math part. As I said, I'm not good with the math.

Thanks.

I am ok at math, but Builder can help you with the calculations and get you on track. I made a mistake back in June with the math. Decimal point error and cut by .5mg in 5 days. That was from 1.75mg. I was feeling rough for a while because of that. Builder got my titration straightened out and I am doing well now.  :)

I am ok at math, but Builder can help you with the calculations and get you on track. I made a mistake back in June with the math. Decimal point error and cut by .5mg in 5 days. That was from 1.75mg. I was feeling rough for a while because of that. Builder got my titration straightened out and I am doing well now.  :)

Maybe that's what I did wrong my first go around in 2015. I did send Builder a message. Thanks. I so want to get this right this time.

You will get it right and should have a smoother ride down. No need for undue suffering, especially when you have shingles! Yikes! Take it easy on yourself. :)

I'm not good with math either, especially in my old age, so  I used Jim Hawk's plan where it was all figured for me after I plugged in the parameters.  It's ingenious, I think, but I know builder makes the calculating simple.  So, whatever works for you.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I'm not good with math either, especially in my old age, so  I used Jim Hawk's plan where it was all figured for me after I plugged in the parameters.  It's ingenious, I think, but I know builder makes the calculating simple.  So, whatever works for you.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Thanks! Builder helped me, but will check out the link you thoughtfully shared.