Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Bitter pg

[Jo...]

as long as your taste buds aren't off right now...(you can test them by tasting a drop of sugar or honey etc)...the PG should always taste sweet. maybe you got something else or a contaminated bottle or batch?

there should be no scent and only a sweet taste. it should be absolutely clear and slightly thick like a "watered-down syrup" in consistency. if it has gotten gummy or thickened up, it is old and  should be replaced.

double check your label and make sure you got propylene glycol, not Polypropylene or something else similar sounding.

it's not too expensive so you can always replace your bottle with another fresh one if you want.

i got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4XJ2Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Propylene Glycol (8 oz.) by Earthborn Elements, 100% Pure, Food & Pharmaceutical Grade, Hypoallergenic Moisturizer & Skin Cleanser

by Earthborn Elements

There is no scent the liquid looks fine i ordered it

From amazon it taste like a cough syrup

It will be just fine.  Different mfgrs use different processes whcih may affect odor and flavor.

It will dissolve your benzo, and that's all that matters.

There is no scent the liquid looks fine i ordered it

From amazon it taste like a cough syrup

hey Jondoe

i used to do vape reviews for a couple of years and most of the major eliquid manufacturers (and a lot of minor ones also)...sent me hundreds of eliquids over that time.  i got to know the specs on the various ingredients used and the 2 main ones were glycerin and propylene glycol, and then the flavorings and cooling agents. suffice it to say i know what good vs bad/spoiled/contaminated propylene glycol tastes like. i know firsthand what a new bottle tastes and smells like, consistency etc and the spoiled batches that sat too long or were exposed to heat etc taste like. if your propylene glycol tastes like cough syrup, there's something off about it. it should only taste like sweet and mildly warming on the tongue but no other chemical taste. if it does have other tastes, i would suggest to replace your bottle with a new one, just to be safe.  also, make sure it's stored in a cool but dry place and away from sunlight.

ps

you might want to make sure you have propylene glycol and not a suspension agent such as ora-plus ora pro or HUMCO or other suspension liquids they also look similar and with similar consistency to propylene glycol but they aren't solvents. ...i use HUMCO suspension liquid for compounding my liquid seroquel and it does taste like cough syrup! lol so i would double check...