Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Valium dissolve time

[Jo...]

I am using pg to dissolve my diazepam

It is my first time i put 15ml of pg in the jar

How much time it takes to the pill to fully dissolve

? Is it ok to store it in room temperature for a week or so?

I am using pg to dissolve my diazepam

It is my first time i put 15ml of pg in the jar

How much time it takes to the pill to fully dissolve

? Is it ok to store it in room temperature for a week or so?

There are actually 2 steps in the process.

1) the tablet will breakdown, deconstruct.  This is usually very quick, but can vary from brand to brand.  If your tablet does not quickly deconstruct, you can crush them first, or muddle them once they are in the PG.

2)  Once the tablet deconstructs, the valium will dissolve immediately.

Room temp storage is best.

Builder how come when i put the Diazepam

In water it instently dissolve when in pg it take a few

Hours

Again, what your seeing is the reaction of the tablet, not the diazepam.

The tablet is made up of about a half-dozen components, many of which will have different solubility factors.  As long as the tablet deconstructs, the diazepam will be released, and will quickly dissolve in the solvent.  Guaranteed!

If you need to crush or muddle to accelerate the deconstruction, just do it.

Builder how come when i put the Diazepam

In water it instently dissolve when in pg it take a few

Hours

I have never had the experience of the PG taking hours to dissolve. I put the tabs in the jar, add the PG and sometimes swish it around, leave it and it usually dissolves with 15 minutes. I then add the water and shake it up. I first tried crushing them, but found it easier to dissolve the tabs. You will get the hang of it and don't worry so much about it. 

I put the tabs in the jar, add the PG and sometimes swish it around, leave it and it usually dissolves with 15 minutes. I then add the water and shake it up. I first tried crushing them, but found it easier to dissolve the tabs. You will get the hang of it and don't worry so much about it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can i put first little water and then pg instead? To speed the process instead of crushing the pill

The best procedure is to dissolve it in the solvent, then add the water. 

What's your hurry?  You're probably making a 10-14 day supply anyway, so what's a few minutes added to the prep time?

Hello all. Getting my list of supplies together necessary for liquid titration process but I don’t know what “PG (or pg)” means  - is it a dissolving medium? Thanks.

Hello all. Getting my list of supplies together necessary for liquid titration process but I don’t know what “PG (or pg)” means  - is it a dissolving medium? Thanks.

Propylene Glycol

Highly effective solvent, probably the most commonly use pharma solvent in the world.