Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.

[no...]

It’s hard to believe this will end as I’m in the thick of it.

Very glad for you, Dave!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hello All,

It's been a while since I checked in.

In early January I did an interview at a radio station about my withdrawal experience. It was actually amazing to tell my story in-full. I've included the link below. Trigger warning only because I talk in-full about my drug history and symptoms.

But I hope in some way this is helpful to some of you.

https://archive.org/details/buttahmilk_20240109

Hang in there.

Dave

Dave, I listened to the whole thing.  What an amazing story.  It's helpful. Thank you so much for sharing that link.

• Love 1

Dave:  I listened to the whole thing as well.   Thanks so much for sharing your story.   So glad you are doing well.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[He...] @[de...]

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen, I really appreciate that. And thank you both, and @[wi...] too, for the good wishes. 12 years ago when everything was falling apart - and in the couple years that followed that falling apart - I never believed for a moment that I would actually heal. Not after being medicated for the better part of 30 years and on so many medications.

Anyway, yes, thank you so much for the good words and taking the time to listen to the broadcast.

Hang in there,

Dave

• Like 2

Thank you for posting it. You have no idea how helpful reassurance that we will heal is. Actually, you do:) Would you say there was anything that helped the process for you? Nothing really seems to help me. Meditation, exercise, clean eating. I do it all but am still deep in it.

Congratulations on your healing. 

• Love 1

On 25/07/2019 at 13:41, [[b...] said:

The angry and weird intrusive thoughts are all consuming.

Absolutely!!!  I agree!  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Thank you for posting it. You have no idea how helpful reassurance that we will heal is. Actually, you do:) Would you say there was anything that helped the process for you? Nothing really seems to help me. Meditation, exercise, clean eating. I do it all but am still deep in it.

Congratulations on your healing. 

@[ge...] Thanks for taking the time to check it out and I'm glad the reassurance helps. That was SO vital to me when I was in the thick of it.

There were periods when I could not eat at all, meditate, exercise, read, etc. And like you, I would say that actually - especially in acute withdrawal - there is really little to nothing that will help - and when I say help, I mean "fix it." Time, and the healing that comes with time, ultimately fix it. That said, meditation, light exercise, clean eating DO help in that if you eat garbage, fill the mind with unsettling things, and do nothing active at all, it can negatively impact the trajectory of withdrawal. I think you see what I am saying. That while you aren't finding that those things are actually helping - they are likely helping in subtly supportive ways.

Keep up the good work and hang in there,

Dave

• Like 2

@[Da...] I talked about the intrusives a lot in that radio interview. It truly was my worst symptom of all. No physical or other psychological symptom was as vicious towards me as that one.

26 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

@[Da...] I talked about the intrusives a lot in that radio interview. It truly was my worst symptom of all. No physical or other psychological symptom was as vicious towards me as that one.

I know that is a tough one to deal with.....it can lead to some pretty dark places, I know :(.  Can't say how dark bc of rules of group but never had I imagined!

Listening to the interview.

It’s helping me. Thanks for talking about then”intrusives”. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

Listening to the interview.

It’s helping me. Thanks for talking about then”intrusives”. 

@[wi...] Thank you for taking the time to listen, and I'm really glad it is helping. Hang in there.

It’s people like you that are helping me get through. 
I can hear the kindness, peace and calm in your voice in the interview.

Love the candor. I’m beyond weary of pat answers and unsolicited cliche advice.

Love you, brother.

Edited by [wi...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

It’s people like you that are helping me get through. 
I can hear the kindness, peace and calm in your voice in the interview.

Love the candor. I’m beyond weary of pat answers and cliche advice.

Love you, brother.

@[wi...] Love to you. And thank you so much. It truly is a gift to me if anything I went through, and can relay, can help anyone else. Because what a hell we come to know in the withdrawal process. Thank you again for listening to the thing.

• Like 1

@[no...] - thanks for sharing this - was good to hear your voice. You helped me through this ordeal more than anyone and I’m so grateful for you. Glad to hear you are doing well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[no...] - thanks for sharing this - was good to hear your voice. You helped me through this ordeal more than anyone and I’m so grateful for you. Glad to hear you are doing well!

@[op...] - thank you for taking the time to give it a listen. I'm so proud of all of your progress and thank you for the good words. Hang in there!

• Like 1