It's time... completely healed

[al...]

It's time for me to write my success story.  I could have written it a few years ago but just wanted to be absolutely sure. Also, once you're healed you forget about the horror of benzo withdrawal.

My story began over 20 years ago when I was prescribed klonopin for sleep. Over the years I built up a tolerance to the drug where I was taking 8mgs at night to get to sleep.  My prescribing doctor retired and I found it impossible to find anyone else who would prescribe that amount............. that's when all hell broke loose!  I had no idea about tapering off this drug, so I figured I would go to a rehab and let the "professionals "  get me off klonopin safely.  They gave me an eight day taper.  After the  8 day taper it was like someone through me into hell

I went home and ended up on the floor of my small bedroom for eight months. I was completely  incapacitated. The pain and horror I endured are difficult to describe with words.  I had all the symptoms. My skin burned like it was on fire, i couldnt sleep , i felt this all consuming fear 24/7 , horrible intrusive thoughts,  circular thoughts,  otherworldly panic and anxiety and many others. I knew I wasn't going to make it much longer if I didn't get help. Fortunately I found a doc who was willing to put me back on 2 mg so I could taper from there.  I tapered off that amount over 2 years.

Things got better after I reinstated,  but i still had symptoms and after each cut i would have more symptoms but it was never as bad as that cold turkey i went through.  It was a long process , sometimes very painful but I made it. Sometimes I thought the pain would never end that the tapering process woudnt work . It took forever.  But i came out the other side.

I was a Really bad case and if I could get through it to complete healing you can too!!!.  You will!!!  Today I work , go on vacations,  exercise ,  eat what i want,  sleep like a baby at night and am back to normal.  If i can do it so can you.  Just keep believing,  healing will happen.  It may take a while but it will happen.

God bless ,

Allen

Allen thank you for that beautiful success story.  Appreciate your encouragement!  :thumbsup::smitten:

• 2 years later...