Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

see pdoc soon. considering mood stabiliser or antipsychotic. Experiences?

[pu...]

6 weeks off clonazepam after violent c/t and taper

See pdoc soon.  Considering asking about mood stabilisers and/or antipsychotic med to assist with w/d so I can continue working.

NOT working is NOT an option for me.

Has anyone experienced at least a temporary reduction in symptomatology with any medications of these classifications?

I highly doubt I can take an SSRI due to a compromised nervous system and an interaction with a migraine medication.

Thank you in advance <3

I think antipsychotic meds are more powerful than SSRI if you can make it without meds I think wait it out

I don’t recommend you taking them but it’s really depends on your situation

I think antipsychotic meds are more powerful than SSRI if you can make it without meds I think wait it out

I don’t recommend you taking them but it’s really depends on your situation

Cannot make it without.  That has been determined. 

Thank you

I took olanzapine and mirtazapine for 2 months, the lowest dosage of both. it helped me to sleep, eat and general mood. I stopped them after 2 months and experienced some wd but nothing unbearable. the sleep came back after a month and a half and now i am dealing with some depression and anxiety but i don't want to take them again. I am off now everything.

I took olanzapine and mirtazapine for 2 months, the lowest dosage of both. it helped me to sleep, eat and general mood. I stopped them after 2 months and experienced some wd but nothing unbearable. the sleep came back after a month and a half and now i am dealing with some depression and anxiety but i don't want to take them again. I am off now everything.

Hi zack, thank you for responding.  Did you take the olanzapine and mirtazapine while you were still tapering from the benzo?  Did you experience any weight gain whilst on those?

Thanks again

Reneron  would be a good choice Take it at night you get sleep it’s an anti-depressant.

Thanks, bluepm.  Have you taking remeron?  I am considering asking about remeron or seroquel.  I also want to have a DNA test to see which meds I will most likely be compatible with body and to see what preexisting conditions I might be prone to due to heredity and genetics.

Thanks again!

Ah, I just checked, and I cannot take remeron.  It has a major interaction with my migraine medicine, sumatriptan.  That is such a bummer.

SSRI can activate you even more with more thoughts

Anitpsychotics slow you down and help with thoughts.

Zyprexa if you got big delisions for and seroquel related to moodstabilzer is the only candidates to help benzo withdrawal i think

The danger of SSRI's is that you can be sent around the world the first 6 weeks while antipsychotic give you a fast impression how its like and provide fast relief and on the other hand you tolerate it better when some time has passed, Antipsychotics do have risks also espically if you have to few chemicals in the brain, then it just has sero as first candidate. These medication are can hard to taper but if you find your normal condition this should be easy compared to benzoes

Only remeron i can recommend as an ssri

Im not a doctor

SSRI can activate you even more with more thoughts

Anitpsychotics slow you down and help help with thoughts.

Zyprexa if you got big delisions for and seroquel related to moodstabilzer is the only candidates to help benzo withdrawal i think

The danger of SSRI's is that you can be sent around the world the first 6 weeks

Only remeron i can recommend

Im not a doctor

Yeah, I´ve tried so many SSRIs and an SNRI both prior to and d/c the benzo.  I cannot take them bc they interact with my migraine medicine....anything that affects seratonin, such as SSRIs, SNRIs, and remeron will interact with sumatriptan, my migraine med.

I have checked into zyprexa and seroquel....I need something to slow down the racing......well, basically racing everything right now -- delusions, thoughts, etc.

N

Ok this i dont know anything about. No flexibilty like new migraine medicin?

Nope. This is the only one that stops my migraine attacks. I have tried everything else over the years.

:(. What if you develop schizophrenia. Just impossible situation. Im not saying you will, thats like 1-2% of the population and latent from birth too a big degree and its rare if you dont have relatives who have it. I wouldnt worry about it

Am 31 months of ct olanzapine. Its been a hell of a withdrawal. Thanks to Survivingantidepressants I got the help I need.  I wish you luck in the journey into ssri/ap.

Am 31 months of ct olanzapine. Its been a hell of a withdrawal. Thanks to Survivingantidepressants I got the help I need.  I wish you luck in the journey into ssri/ap.

Tiska, if you do not mind sharing, what was your diagnosis?

Lamictal and seroquel is keeping me sane.

Seroquel low dose: stops nervousness, great sleep, stops agitation, gives me appetite, lessens derealization, stops racing thoughts, stops panic, stops anxiety

Lamictal: takes away depression, gives motion and clear mind

Abilify: gave me restless legs and didn’t work

I’ve been on lamictal low dose for a month

And seroquel for 2 weeks and I feel like a new person

Results may very $!

Hope this helps <3

Lamictal and seroquel is keeping me sane.

Seroquel low dose: stops nervousness, great sleep, stops agitation, gives me appetite, lessens derealization, stops racing thoughts, stops panic, stops anxiety

Lamictal: takes away depression, gives motion and clear mind

Abilify: gave me restless legs and didn’t work

I’ve been on lamictal low dose for a month

And seroquel for 2 weeks and I feel like a new person

Results may very $!

Hope this helps <3

Thank you so much Sunshine. I will do some research and speak with my dr. about this.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]