6 months today

[se...]

Things have dramatically improved after being off the medication for 6 months.

My biggest symptom right now is morning intrusive thoughts.  They're pretty severe sometimes but they generally go away when I start my day.  I'll also have waves every week or every other week and will have to rest for a couple of days at a time.  My setbacks usually involve food which I had a unhealthy relationship with for the last several years I was on a benzo.  I'm really hard on myself and the intrusive thoughts often involve negative thoughts about myself, my situation (was it all in my head?) and fear of judgement and disbelief from others.  During the waves, I have no energy or self-esteem and I isolate. I feel vulnerable in those states being around others can be harmful.  It brings further judgement and grief.

I've been able to make great progress in the gym and with weight loss and I'm working part time now.

The biggest thing on my mind is finding my next career opportunity but those negative thoughts creep in and have slowed my progress at researching good positions.  My biggest worry is that I won't be able to "show up" everyday for the job how I would like to because of these waves I'm still going through.

Today was not particularly good because I didn't get much sleep last night.  I was hoping for a better 6 month anniversary today.  Don't feel like celebrating but am proud of myself for getting this far.  It was truly hell for awhile but more and more, I believe I'll be OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...