Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who has tried Afobazole?

[So...]

I read one account (Mamroot) who did a trial with the Russian drug Afobazole...he said it helped but was not a cure by any means.

I can't lab rat myself to try it (and the Russian, non-FDA approved aspect seems sketchy) but curious if anyone else has tried it.

Like every supplement and other drug, it seems too good to be true and probably is...

Afobazole works pretty well actually but I rather use a kanna extract these days. You said you were going to order some. Afobazole is a damn effective remedy though. Those Russians make drugs that work believe it or not and they seem safer than US drugs alot of the time. It really makes you think who the good guys are sometimes, haha

Mamoot - I read your whole trial with Afobazole - every word of it. I am at the home stretch of my Valium taper - wondering if I should try it out now, or wait until I jump.

Thanks Mamoot - I saw you can get it pretty cheap on Amazon too...

My taper has gone pretty well. can't believe I am at 2.3mg V now. I did taper faster than most but haven't ever been slammed with any horrible s/x yet and decided to slow it down as I go lower.

I will look into  Emoxypine

• 4 weeks later...

Hello people, do you think afobazole would help with sleep?

I saw some shallow studies where they claim to afobazole has neuroprotective effects and is able to upregulate GABAergic system, very encouranging, I feel really tempted to try it. I've read some testimonial of people reporting cognitive problems while taking it, which it could be too counter productive for someone who need a clear mind to do some intellectual work, I don't know.

In the other hand, as fitness freak, I also dislike physical weakness experiencied by some users, but I priorize sleep and comfort if it is not too detrimental.

I'm tapering Valium, just at 5mg right now, but I got hit by insomnia so hard. I'm scared of drugs since phychiatrist gave me gabapentin to assist my taper assuming it would help with sleep and I builded tolerance so damn fast. It didn't helped at all after 2 weeks, so I tapered it and jumped few days ago after a month of use with no apparent symptoms.

Bacopa and magnessium seems to work fine, I plan to experiment with other supplements like PQQ and lithium orotate, last one maybe after jump.

Well, what do you think?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]