Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can't go outside

[cr...]

It's not even agoraphobia. I just can't handle it. I go into extreme withdrawal anytime I leave my room. The birds chirping in the trees are like train horns assaulting my senses. The sun is a billion times too bright. And no sunglasses and earplugs dont help. I feel strange just walking around. Just walking overstimulates me. All i can do is lay here or move around the house. I used to be able to go get groceries and go to the mall when i first jumped. I actually looked forward to those trips out. Now its just out of the question. I feel like ive done some crazy damage to myself post jump. The alcohol... The hydroxyzine... Everything made my baseline worse. I mean, I just spent the last 4 months bedridden so at least everything's not spinning and giving me headaches anymore. But i feel so foggy and overstimulated. How are those two even possible at the same time? I'm a mental patient basically.

I'm in the same situation. Life, outside the window, is another world. I get food once a week. I don't want to go outside the door, it's impossible. Others have said "you have to be among people, then you feel better!" A month ago, I tried to do it. It was terrible, and setback. So hopeless! But, there comes a day for us too, although it feels very far away. But together, we will get through this. Right?

What about going outside when the sun goes down, or in the middle of the night when no one is around.  I had a hard time with daytime while tapering, but I found going outside at night time when everything was pretty quiet was very calming.  (plus I knew if I stayed in the house it would be harder for me to go out when I needed to, so I went outside at least once a day).  Once the light was reduced (the stars didn't bother me) the other things weren't bad.

I found that too Dolphinator.  Would go outside and sit in my garden chair in the dead of night.  It was peaceful and I would look at the moon and stars. 

Dee

:smitten:

[f8...]
My dr or if it is a vision issues makes it hard to go outside in darkness I can't see! It is all so blurry. In daylight I have a jacket with a hood. It helps a lot. But the hardest part is my fear of going out. And my feeling of being outside my body makes it even harder. The world looks unreal. It feels like I am gonna pass out. But I force myself to go out and I have to I have a dog  :smitten: