Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pounding headache

[Fr...]

I have had the worst headache today. It is literally just throbbing in the back of my head. I took Motrin and not much relief. I am hydrated and appetite is still the same. Is this withdrawal or something else? I checked blood pressure and it is normal.

Hi.  I don´t know your gender, but if you are female, could it be hormone related?

I get migraines due to hormones and food triggers.  Are you prone to migraines?

I can no longer take medication for my migraines since I am in post-acute.  I sometimes take a shower to relax and then put a cold rice bag that has lavender oil infused in it on my head and neck to ease the pain/distract me from the pain. 

I really hope you feel better soon.  <3

I have had the worst headache today. It is literally just throbbing in the back of my head. I took Motrin and not much relief. I am hydrated and appetite is still the same. Is this withdrawal or something else? I checked blood pressure and it is normal.

These were one of the very first symptoms I experienced during tolerance w/d. Maybe 30 min to an hour after ingesting almost any food or medication I would get horrible migraines that would last up to 8 hours. Never knew how bad migraines were. I tried everything to make it stop but usually ended up burying my head into my pillow for several hours. This lasted for damn near 6/7 month’s. Now when I’m overstimulated from eating, exercise, or just too much stress it has morphed into this pressure that moves from the back of my head all along the sides, and into the my forehead. Now it just feels like access tension but I think it’s normal it’s that our receptors are overactive. I’m honestly just glad that I no longer get the migraines bc they were horrible, I totally feel for you.

I had them bad during w/d too.  Pay attention to what you eat.  A lot of BUddies suddenly develop food allergies.  See if cutting out just the major allergenic foods such as grains/gluten, dairy, eggs, sugar, and peanuts helps.  Stay on strict diet for a full month and then put back in all those foods, and you will find out.