Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vision issues

[go...]

I just wanted to describe my vision issues to see if anyone can relate. I have massive trouble adjusting from darkness to light and vice versa. So if I go indoors after being outside, it seems way darker than it actually is. This has the knock on effect of my vision struggling to deal with the contrast, so say I'm sitting in a room and the suns shining though the window but only shining on half of the room, my eyes really struggle to perceive the brightness contrast between the two areas, it's like my eyes are trying so hard to adjust to the brightness it can't do the dark at all. Light and dark patterns in things give me massive headaches because of this, like black and white tiling designs, or blinds that are semi open make my eyes freak out. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anything that can be done about it, I wonder if it is leftover ffrom my concussion rather than benzos.

[7c...]
Sounds like me. Being outside and it gets darker inside. I cant be outside when it is dark it is almost impossible to see at all.  I also see everything really sharp too. Colors looks stronger. I dont know if this is a cause from dr or a vision issue from w/d that effects my eyes.  It can feels so intense to look at things that it feels horrible. Do you also see things sharp?

having VERY bad vision / sight problems while on and since quitting clonazepam

[blurry vision / black / blurry floaters] diagnosed with pigment dispersion glaucoma optic nerve pressure

I just wanted to describe my vision issues to see if anyone can relate. I have massive trouble adjusting from darkness to light and vice versa. So if I go indoors after being outside, it seems way darker than it actually is. This has the knock on effect of my vision struggling to deal with the contrast, so say I'm sitting in a room and the suns shining though the window but only shining on half of the room, my eyes really struggle to perceive the brightness contrast between the two areas, it's like my eyes are trying so hard to adjust to the brightness it can't do the dark at all. Light and dark patterns in things give me massive headaches because of this, like black and white tiling designs, or blinds that are semi open make my eyes freak out. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anything that can be done about it, I wonder if it is leftover ffrom my concussion rather than benzos.

I have awful vision now, both with adjusting to changing light and general blurry vision. I can’t read anything without glasses now and 2 years ago I had perfect vision.

I have the same issues with patterns or designs. I was helping my grandmother move yesterday and while carrying boxes down the stairs I found it so much more difficult to separate the height of the steps. Like I couldn’t tell where to place my foot as I was walking down it felt like I was going to miss them completely & fall. It seems like my depth perception is off.  Although light/dark & colors have gotten much better over the last several month’s, it seems like it takes some time for vision to return back to how it used to be. It’s crazy how many different symptoms these meds cause.

I have the same problème with my eyes, blurry vision and some kind of eye pressure... but i went to the ophtalmologist and not only are my eyes in perfect shape, he also told me that i am not farsighted any more! (Got diagnosed while on benzo)... very puzzling

Ive had issues since my first dose of benzos (Restoril). It caused my eyes to dialate and I believe triggered an onset of floaters, which I still have. Benzos also made my eyes feeli like they were bulging out of my head. Large box stores, grocery stores,  malls all affectd my vision. I hated going in stores because of the ways my eyes reacted. Since jumping Ive had blurry vision, eye "bulging" sensation", floaters, and the sensation thar things around me are moving which leads to dizziness. The good news, at 4 months out, many of these side effects are diminishing and occurring less frequently. Even the floaters are becoming less of a distraction, although they are still there. I expect over the next few months for ny vision issues to improve are resolve completely.

Yep, I have the visual issues, too. They are improving but only minutely and ever so gradually.

Ive had issues since my first dose of benzos (Restoril). It caused my eyes to dialate and I believe triggered an onset of floaters, which I still have. Benzos also made my eyes feeli like they were bulging out of my head. Large box stores, grocery stores,  malls all affectd my vision. I hated going in stores because of the ways my eyes reacted. Since jumping Ive had blurry vision, eye "bulging" sensation", floaters, and the sensation thar things around me are moving which leads to dizziness. The good news, at 4 months out, many of these side effects are diminishing and occurring less frequently. Even the floaters are becoming less of a distraction, although they are still there. I expect over the next few months for ny vision issues to improve are resolve completely.

Hi Fp!  It´s so encouraging to read that the visual disturbances do, indeed, improve.  That is such great progress that is happening to you!

Sending many hugs! <3

Ashtons manual:

The muscles, especially the small muscles of the eye, are not well co-ordinated, which may lead to blurred or double vision or even eyelid spasms (blepharospasm).