Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How slow is slow withdrawal?

[4G...]

I am currently on 4.72mg of Valium. If I taper just a tiny bit (e.g. from 4.75 to 4.73) I can feel it. Is this normal? It seems ridiculous. I am on FOUR other drugs (see signature) and it has been suggested to me that they may be making it harder to taper. I've been tapering since 2015 and I reached the end of my tether a long, long time ago. No window since October, but Christmas always flattens me. Thanks.

I feel like I went very slow with my taper and it still felt awful while I did it.  I would feel tiny cuts too.  Doing a microtaper, similar to what you are doing now, is what worked best for me, but I don't think there's any way to not feel the cuts. After a tiny cut like that of .02mg of valium, how long does it take you to feel better or back to what it was?  I used to wait about a week after even tiny cuts, though, in hindsight, I am not sure that waiting made all that much difference at the end. 

Oh, thank you, thank you! I thought it was just me! I held for five or six weeks to cover the Christmas period and I've not really caught up since I had to go to my daughter's, who lives sixty miles away and I have agoraphobia. It completely flattened me, but I thought I should get on with my taper now because I could wait and wait and never know when to restart tapering. Thanks Green! Hope being a mod is working out okay.  Really grateful to you. 

hi Gilly  :smitten: :smitten:

I too feel the tiny cuts, though things have improved for me a little of late ... I still have to go  slooow... YOu have done well with your taper . I know you suffer a lot of wds , and don't have much of a life , I'm the same.

What i do is I taper when I feel emotionally and physically able .

Even those tiny cuts are getting you closer to the finish line ...  I think  for some of us , our nervous systems get so sensitized that  we feel even these tiny changes. crazy!

hang in there GillyB ....  just chip away as you are able

Love, MiYu :smitten:

Hi all I was wondering the Sam I am making tiny cuts 0.001 per week and I am feeling it every time . I have some good days then back to the symptoms . It’s really hard to understand

At the beginning of my tape, before Benzobuddies or the Ashton Manual, I did two Xanax cuts of half a .25 Xanax pill, big mistake, since I learned of these two very helpful venues, I have tapered very slowly, three weeks or more between tape minute tapes. Still I’ve had tons of symptoms and doctors’ visits.. There is no way to escape the process, we just have to weather it.

Keep strong.