Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

i dont understand

[mo...]

I was on  the benzo for 8 months.

plus 4 months of tapering.

here I am 29 months and almost 3 weeks out and still dealing with these surges.

my sleep is averaging 6 hours a night.  but these morning surges start a 6am. 

could it be a histamine issue?

I was on  the benzo for 8 months.

plus 4 months of tapering.

here I am 29 months and almost 3 weeks out and still dealing with these surges.

my sleep is averaging 6 hours a night.  but these morning surges start a 6am. 

could it be a histamine issue?

I don't know about histamine, but it does sound like a cortisol issue, which feels like a surge of anxiety and a lot of people on here have experienced them.  I have one or two a week, mine don't usually last long. Just a suggestion.  Good luck, Mary 🍀

It’s ridiculous how long this lasts, I’ve even read that people on low doses for under a month can had protracted withdrawal symptoms. I have no idea if it’s related to histimine or not, but it certainly due to benzo withdrawal. If it was related to histimine you would think an antihistamine would help but I’ve tried taking one in the past to help with sleep and it made me feel worse. Who knows

i'm going through the same thing and i am about a similar time out.

i don't understand it either. all i can gather is the pharmaceutical industry/western medicine/health care system is pure evil and profit off people's pain. there really is no other explanation!

so lately i have found the earlier i try to go to bed, the better. i sleep better if i have jogged/walk for a while in the day time.

i take melatonin lozenge in around 8:30 and try to fall a sleep. takes a while. sometimes i wake up around 4:00 am and i take another lozenge and if i am lucky i fall a sleep for a little longer.

if i do this i feel much better.