Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Backpain at 7 mg Valium

[Ma...]

Very strong back pain at 5-6 AM, I can't fall back asleep. I thought I would have problems like this later on in the taper. Will this persist throughout my taper?

Well, maybe your backproblems are caused by the taper and maybe not. Don't want to sound insensitive, but not every thing we feel is taper related.

I've had back pain several times. Went to see a physiotherapist and he pushed one of my vertebra's (is that the correct name?) back into my spine and gave me exercises. After a couple of weeks, the pain was gone. As soon as I start to feel back pain, I start my exercises again and the pain goes away again. And sometimes I actually feel my vertebra click back into my spine.

So maybe it's an idea to go to a physiotherapist, whether your pain is taper related or not. Maybe he of she can help you.

Well, maybe your backproblems are caused by the taper and maybe not. Don't want to sound insensitive, but not every thing we feel is taper related.

I've had back pain several times. Went to see a physiotherapist and he pushed one of my vertebra's (is that the correct name?) back into my spine and gave me exercises. After a couple of weeks, the pain was gone. As soon as I start to feel back pain, I start my exercises again and the pain goes away again. And sometimes I actually feel my vertebra click back into my spine.

So maybe it's an idea to go to a physiotherapist, whether your pain is taper related or not. Maybe he of she can help you.

Thank you. I never had this type of pain prior to the taper. It goes away after I get up but it would be a pain to exercise at 5AM when I want to sleep until 7-8.

I believe mine is related to taper as it had improved until I took a .25 v cut over 2 weeks ago.  It's started to improve again.  It doesn't last as long now so I see that as slow healing. 

Dee