Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help me figure this out!

[El...]

I really am confused and discouraged.Blood pressure spikes and elevation has been one of my worse symptoms. I had to go on a bp pill in September.I started to really notice a change in November, my bp started to regulate more. I had a great November, December amd Januaryas far as my bp goes. I would only get spikes about once every ten to fourteen days  and It would not last to long. What I can not figure  out is exactly to the day I jumped 4 months ago, for the past 5 days now. My bp spikes at 5:30 every evening and will last for one to three hours and then just as mysterious as it came, it leaves and my bp is normal again. I am used to this happening here and there ,but this is five days now. I am not doing anything different, and my bp is pretty normal any other time of day. I don't  want to just jump to addimg another bp pill to what I am already taking, it seems like this has to be something transcient. If you guys were me, would you think this is a wave. Maybe a infamous 4 month setback?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Eliza

[4b...]
How high is your BP? I take BP medicine for my rapid heartbeat. I have around 90-100 after taking my pill. My BP is then around 120/80. Stress can cause spikes, anxiety too. I got a brutal wave right before xmas. My BP went much higher then. It was like in acute around 170/110 and pulse aroumd 122 bpm. With beta blockers

What bp medication are you on and when do you take it

I am on a low dose of Carvedilol. It was working pretty well and still does except for this weird wave the past five days. I spread it out throughout the day. If I don't  it does not past as long. I take it one of my doses about an hour before this weird spike. It usually is fine. This just literally came out of nowhere.

How high is your BP? I take BP medicine for my rapid heartbeat. I have around 90-100 after taking my pill. My BP is then around 120/80. Stress can cause spikes, anxiety too. I got a brutal wave right before xmas. My BP went much higher then. It was like in acute around 170/110 and pulse aroumd 122 bpm. With beta blockers

It is usually about 125/75. When this spike happens it has been getting upto 157/90 it bounces around for one to two hours then goes back down. I get anxious when this happens and then I keep checking my bp which I think makes it worse sometimes.

How long did that wave last? How many days was your bp spiking up like that?

[4b...]

The wave lasted around 6 weeks, and my higher blood pressure to.  When I took my BP it was that high but I didn't checked it out every day.

The wave lasted around 6 weeks, and my higher blood pressure to.  When I took my BP it was that high but I didn't checked it out every day.

Did you increase your bp med, or just ride it out? Did it go back to normal then and stay there?

[4b...]

Did you increase your bp med, or just ride it out? Did it go back to normal then and stay there?

No I took my normal dose. I know it was because of the w/d. Yes it is normal now after 6 weeks. Adrenaline and stress makes my blood pressure higher. Last week when I got anxiety and a lot of stress  my pulse went to 142 bpm and  I checked my BP and it was 140/90 then. It was little higher than normal but no worries. Yesterday 120/80 pulse 94. 

No I took my normal dose. I know it was because of the w/d. Yes it is normal now after 6 weeks. Adrenaline and stress makes my blood pressure higher. Last week when I got anxiety and a lot of stress  my pulse went to 142 bpm and  I checked my BP and it was 140/90 then. It was little higher than normal but no worries. Yesterday 120/80 pulse 94.

How many times a day do you check your bp. I know I check it too much. Waaaay too much.

[4b...]

How high is your BP? I take BP medicine for my rapid heartbeat. I have around 90-100 after taking my pill. My BP is then around 120/80. Stress can cause spikes, anxiety too. I got a brutal wave right before xmas. My BP went much higher then. It was like in acute around 170/110 and pulse around 122 bpm. With beta blockers

How many times a day do you check your bp. I know I check it too much. Way too much.

During my wave I took it a few times every week. I am a nurse and I know when a BP is dangerous high. I know this was because of my wave and w/d. Have you tried to take it just one time each day lets say in the evening? It is important to lay down and rest for at least 20 minutes too.

I used to check it at least 10 times a day in my early w/d it became an ocd habit. Now am I taking it maybe one time during a week.

How high is your BP? I take BP medicine for my rapid heartbeat. I have around 90-100 after taking my pill. My BP is then around 120/80. Stress can cause spikes, anxiety too. I got a brutal wave right before xmas. My BP went much higher then. It was like in acute around 170/110 and pulse around 122 bpm. With beta blockers

How many times a day do you check your bp. I know I check it too much. Way too much.

During my wave I took it a few times every week. I am a nurse and I know when a BP is dangerous high. I know this was because of my wave and w/d. Have you tried to take it just one time each day lets say in the evening? It is important to lay down and rest for at least 20 minutes too.

I used to check it at least 10 times a day in my early w/d it became an ocd habit. Now am I taking it maybe one time during a week.

Thank you for responding to me. I have a friend who is a nurse and she tries to encourage me to take just once or twice a day. My doc tells me twice a day, but he also knoes I have bad OCD, because he really only thinks i mees to take once a day. My ocd about this is so bad. Early in my withdraw my bp would be normal sitting and then when I would stand it shoot up to 150/105 it really freaked me out. I didnt go anywhere because of this. It also would spike on and off whether sitting or standing. Then after being on the Carvedilol it started to get better. Even in early withdrawal though my morning bp was almost always good. I have always exercised alot and I have been able to continue exercising through all this. I obsessively take my bp. I am embarrassed to say I probanly checck it 30 to 40 times a day. It has become  so bad. Also I have always had bradycardia for years. My e esting heartrate is 45 to 50, the carvedilol slows it down to 41/43. I have been obsessed  about that too! My doctor has checked it and said it is perfectly fine at those numbers. He said not to check it too much. My friend who is a nurse said the same thing, as long as I am not lightheades or dizzy its ok. I dont get lightheaded with my slow pulse. I really think this is a bad wave. I have had alot of stress lately with my teeth, I have a mouth full of cavities that I cantw believe happened and I cannot have amy numbing agents. Im terrified. Alot of other things too.

What is so weird is the spike happens at exactly 5:20 5:30 each evening now five days in a row. I have done nothing different and my bp is good most of the day

It lasts for an hour or two and then just stops. Its so weird that I dont know how it could be anything else but a wave.

Is evening the best time to take it? I have heard morning and maybe evening too. I think  if I could just stop 'taking it so.much maybe the spikes would.lessen because now i am anticipating it. Since last thursday.

[4b...]

Is evening the best time to take it? I have heard morning and maybe evening too. I think  if I could just stop 'taking it so.much maybe the spikes would.lessen because now i am anticipating it. Since last thursday.

Or in the morning. After sleep before you go up.  It was just a thought about taking it in the evening. Or twice a day. I know how ocd is. It is horrible. I had severe ocd for a while really scary intrusive thoughts about suicide. I  was so scared to lose it all become crazy and take my life. These ocd thoughts are not easy to deal with.  But you can do it. I guess stress can cause this spikes too :angel:

Or in the morning. After sleep before you go up.  It was just a thought about taking it in the evening. Or twice a day. I know how ocd is. It is horrible. I had severe ocd for a while really scary intrusive thoughts about suicide. I  was so scared to lose it all become crazy and take my life. These ocd thoughts are not easy to deal with.  But you can do it. I guess stress can cause this spikes too :angel:

So would you think that this new wave of vp spiking is just that...a wave from withdrawal?

Nothing else makes sense.

[4b...]

So would you think that this new wave of vp spiking is just that...a wave from withdrawal?

I guess so or severe stress but thats also caused by w/d.

I guess so or severe stress but thats also caused by w/d.

How can I tell the difference? This used to happen to me almost every day in early withdrawal sometimes mid morning, sometimes evening just on and off everyday. So that's whats making me think its a wave.