Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just joined thanks for suuport

[pa...]

I was but on Valium for 8 years to help with my back spasms. Then I was taken off them suddenly was out of town and felt like I was dying. My GP then put me on Xanax 1mg 3X a day. Now with federal regulation I can't be on them and my Norco I've had all sorts of crazy things going on since I started my taper felt I was going nuts. I've been off month but I still have issues one my Blood Pressure went crazy and ended up in the ER. Just here to keep me sane it helps to read that other people are going through it. I feel bad for anyone having to deal with this it is effecting my life bad.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is the only one of its kind online.  I'm sorry you are going through all this.  Cts or fast tapers off benzos can cause a lot of scary symptoms, but these do go away in time

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5 to 10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  Note: very short term users may be able to taper faster.

Withdrawal symptoms, which vary widely but commonly include anxiety and insomnia, often occur during a taper, but these are temporary and will get better in time.  In general, first tapers are easier, but cold turkeys or multiple withdrawals may be more severe and longer lasting.  Here are a few links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual, a concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.

Post Withdrawal Support

Once again, welcome!