Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

QUESTION ABOUT TAPER METHOD

[CM...]

Curewntly take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night of Diazepam.

I want to start tapering and was planning on tapering the morning dose first.

Is that ok? Or do I have to taper it all evenly?

My goal was to get off the morning dose and just take the night dose and then work on that once I’m ready.

Would I be ok on just one dose of Valium a day?

I plan on using a dry scale method.

Thanks!

My goal was to get off the morning dose and just take the night dose and then work on that once I’m ready.

Thanks!

Yes, I would taper the AM dose first.  That's what I did, and when I got down to 3 mg, I was only taking the bedtime dose.

Thanks!

Hi CNZ18-

Yes, this is ok. There really is no set rules regarding how many times a day one doses. We all metabolize this medication differently so it really is whatever works best for you. If you are not experiencing any interdose withdrawal issues then try the one time a day. If it does not work then go back to twice a day. :thumbsup:

Good luck! :smitten:

Thanks for the encouragement.

I’ve failed so many times getting lower than I am at now. Crashed very hard. I have so much PTSD from this. It took me so much to just start using the scale again today. I took my dose in crushed powdered form from the mortar and pestle, but the same weight of my pill, so no reduction yet. I’ll probably do this for a week just to build my confidence back.  I’m very sensitive and need to go really slow. Probably slower than most people.

Each 2mg tablet weighs .167

So when I want to make my first reduction, what would you recommend I take off (weight wise) for my first cut. I’m thinking 2.5% a month to start? Maybe slower? Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve failed so many times getting lower than I am at now. Crashed very hard. I have so much PTSD from this. It took me so much to just start using the scale again today. I took my dose in crushed powdered form from the mortar and pestle, but the same weight of my pill, so no reduction yet. I’ll probably do this for a week just to build my confidence back.  I’m very sensitive and need to go really slow. Probably slower than most people.

So when I want to make my first reduction, what would you recommend I take off (weight wise) for my first cut. I’m thinking 2.5% a month to start? Maybe slower? Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Start out slow and work your way to a pace that works for you! There really should be no hurry unless you have limitations put on you by a prescriber.

Anyone have any advice to this question ?