Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Negativity about the community on YouTube

[Ni...]

Hey everyone. Hope you’re healthy and safe. Just a heads up. I’ve been binge watching YouTube videos on individuals success and bumps on Benzo tapering WD etc..., and there is this YouTube account named Benzo awareness that comments on every single video someone makes and makes really nasty comments about this BenzoBuddies forums and shames the ones on here because they supposedly listened to you all and now after five years off being off Benzo the individual according to the thread I was reading has permanent brain damage due to CT from her medication. I let the account know that we all suffering through this process and each body reacts heals differently and this community are not doctors just suggestions that personally helped themselves throughout their jumping. And don’t make negativity on YouTube. We’re all suffering n reading shit don’t help. But freedom of the press. Can’t stop someone from posting. Just an FYI peeps.

That’s only one negatively minded individual, maybe they do still have symptoms after such a long time however 99 percent state they are free after years clean. I think that individual is just one of those woe is me give me sympathy talk to me kinda individual. I wouldn’t stress too much over their comments. There’s way more hope then bad out there from success stories vlogs

• 3 weeks later...
I can't watch the YouTube benzo videos - they scare the F out of me. The pretty girl who does the tapering video is the best one but she also doesn't give correct advice in making a liquid because benzos are not water soluble. Builder commented about that on her video. I now refuse to watch any benzo videos and even some of the posts on here freak me out...my game plan is sticking with the friends I have made that are smart and doing well and have my back and I also have their back.

I will tell you a true story. Several months into my hellish cold turkey I tried to find online support. Hard for me to do, given the severity of my withdrawal. Lord, I was still hallucinating. Well, I found a listing for BenzoBuddies and clicked on it. Holy God, what I had found was a site run by a psychopath who for some reason has it out for BB. I was horrified and terrified. I put off finding support for a few weeks. Thank heavens I stuck it out and found the real BB.

The internet has given a lot of crazy, scary people out there a lovely way to torture others. I slowly learned to skip reading anything that was not helpful or supportive, including posts here on BB. The thing with the Net is that you do not know the person's history. Maybe they have a mental illness. Maybe they just LIE. It is difficult to sort this out during WD, so whenever you read something scary - click off asap.

east

That site scared me so darn much. I am so glad I stuck it out and found the true BB! What I learned here saved my life, no lie. Without BB I know I would be long dead now. I was that goner, due to benzos.

I am so glad all of you found your way here!

Going through this is not easy at all. You will think you have gone crazy, insane and that you will never recover. That is just something that benzo WD causes in a lot of people. The fear, the terror, the horror...plus so many physical symptoms that make you wonder if you have some horrible disease. But if you stick it out....things DO get better. Slowly slowly slowly, they get better. Do NOT give up.

east (who is getting tired now!)