Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sufferage

[Be...]

I started taking 15mg of temazepam for a sleeping problem I was having during Lyme disease treatment in September 2017. During the treatment with doxycycline, coupled with joining a Lyme disease support group, I started having debilitating anxiety. The sleeping aid helped with my anxiety but not all of it. The doctor prescribed Ativan then Xanax to boot. I never abused the medication and by Christmas I was only taking temazepam but by late March I started feeling nervous and just not myself so I decided to quit taking the sleeping aid. Needless to say, three days later I ended up in the emergency room not knowing what was happening to me. They diagnosed me with general anxiety disorder, gave me a prescription of Xanax, Paxil and told me to see a psychiatrist and so the real nightmare began. I went to a psychiatrist and he added gabapentin to the cocktail. I was a flipping mess. I was having tremors and all the other symptoms because I took the Paxil just long enough to get past my blood brain barrier and I quit it. I did this three times during my absolute nightmare. Not one of those medications worked so I would suddenly quit and restart the nightmare, I had no idea that all of my symptoms were due to the very medications I was prescribe to help. I finally ended up in my psychiatrist office telling him if he couldn’t fix it, that I could resolve it permanently on my own. After that statement, he looked at my hubby and said, either you will take her or I will call an ambulance. I ended up in a psych hospital for 8 days. That is when they gave me Valium and trazadone. When I got home from that place I started searching the internet and found Benzobuddies and finally got my answers. I was going through continuous withdrawal. I have been lurking here sine June 2018. I did a rapid taper from the Valium and one month later I quit the trazadone. I have suffered tremendously through this process, but because I found this site, my fear was somewhat lifted and has made the suffering much easier. Today it is February 10, 2019 and I am having a nice window. I know another wave will come and that is when this site is a savior. Thank you!

Hello Benzthere2long :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

We are so pleased the forum has helped you and delighted you decided to join us. Congratulations on being benzo free.  You have had such a rotten time of it,  I am glad you are in a window right now, this  window might stay open permanent, you never know!  Withdrawal can be quite a long process, time is our healer.  You will be receive  plenty of support here as you continue to get better.

You will find some valuable support and information on the forum. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads. We have a great community of caring members who will offer support and sound advice.

You are probably already familiar with Ashtons Manual. It is a great resource about these types of medication and their effect on the body. It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms

Here are a couple useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard.

Magrita