Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For those who quit benzos several times

[id...]

I have quit them several times myself, although the first two I did not put in my sig because I was on sporadic use. I'll put how long each time below

2007 - 1 month sporadic use of .50 - 1mg Xanax  (3 week mental hell withdrawal and then was completely back to normal) 

2009 - 2 weeks sporadic use .5 Clonazepam (No withdrawal at all)

2011 - Prescribed Clonazepam again for the next 7 years (final does 2mg/Day) - 9 Months post taper and still dealing with all sorts of symptoms but I do function.

I don't think there is any sort of pattern per say in my withdrawal other than the worst is when I have been on a larger dose for a long period of time. The one thing I do remember is that my first withdrawal ended abruptly..I didn't have any more symptoms come back and repeat like they do now. So, I knew when I started this taper I was in the for the long haul with this withdrawal. There won't be a fourth one for me. This is it. I couldn't go through acute withdrawal again for all the money in the world.