Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin taper and what to expect.

[Co...]

Thank for letting me join your group. I'm 55 year old Male and have taken klonopin 1mg for two years prescribed for rls and some anxiety. I have currently reduced the dose to .5 four days ago. I would like to know a withdrawal time line for I and having several symptoms. Thanks

Hi Cocacolajohn :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

Congratulations on making the decision to taper!  We can help you with support and taper/withdrawal information.  I think a 50% reduction is too much, how are you feeling?  Benzos need to be tapered off slowly.    In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Some need to taper slower,  whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I will leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

You might wish to post to the this support group, 

Klonopin Club 

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita