LDMT fails in my system. Hrrrgggh!

[in...]

Hi Jlavogt :smitten:

I see the point now.

I think there must be a reason why Librium is delivered in a capsule. I understand for certain meds the recipient helps protect the drug from stomach acids and it can take between 15-30 minutes to dissolve in the stomach. As many meds are designed to travel rapidly through the stomach to arrive to the small intestin where it will be better absorbed, the external protection could kind of shield the drug while transiting the stomach tract.

I have written something about it here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204001.msg2643631#msg2643631 . I would be glad if it can answer some of your queries.

:hug:

Thanks much Jim. I will re capsule and take in an empty stomach. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the dry cut micro taper group and info please?

When I tried ldmt valium I did not really updose. I suppose I could try updosing and stabilizing first in a while once I stabilize from my previous

efforts.

The others that failed ldmt valium did they updose before and it still made no diff?

I am also looking for a dry daily microtaper group too. I am successfully doing a liquid microtaper. I am trying to help a friend who keeps getting worse after trying the liquid taper. He is currently on 2.5mg of valium per day. Can anyone help me figure out how to help him reduce? Or direct me to someone who can help?

When I tried ldmt valium I did not really updose. I suppose I could try updosing and stabilizing first in a while once I stabilize from my previous

efforts.

The others that failed ldmt valium did they updose before and it still made no diff?

I am also looking for a dry daily microtaper group too. I am successfully doing a liquid microtaper. I am trying to help a friend who keeps getting worse after trying the liquid taper. He is currently on 2.5mg of valium per day. Can anyone help me figure out how to help him reduce? Or direct me to someone who can help?

It's called daily micro tapering support group look for Bob 7 and others are very helpful in doing dry microtape bring some are also doing liquid tapering there too and some of us of disgust that we can't tolerate the liquid tapering versions like myself though it worked great for a tiny dose of murtaza be in for me but there's many that are having difficult with that however there are some that do really well with liquid it's a change in the stomach and small intestine and some of us just can't handle it if he was like a cold cold Turkey taper so there should be help there and good luck

efforts.

It's called daily micro tapering support group look for Bob 7 and others are very helpful in doing dry microtape bring some are also doing liquid tapering there too and some of us of disgust that we can't tolerate the liquid tapering versions like myself though it worked great for a tiny dose of murtaza be in for me but there's many that are having difficult with that however there are some that do really well with liquid it's a change in the stomach and small intestine and some of us just can't handle it if he was like a cold cold Turkey taper so there should be help there and good luck

:thumbsup: thank you for the info. He did a rapid taper for 1/2 of his dose and has reduced slightly slower since then but has never stabilized. I am reading the thread you suggested and will post with questions there. I went to a partially liquid daily microtaper at 15mg of valium and entirely liquid around 3mg. Luckily my body accepted it and I have gotten better the lower I get.

Trapped here how much will you cutting when you were doing all liquid tapering just curious I'm glad it went well for you I did not do well with the liquid version as I said before I am so worried about my nervous system as I have tried and gone back several times with this awful medicine that I have done more damage then ever intended all of this really scares and depresses me it's so sad. But I'm believing for complete healing.

Infoshare.

I started the all liquid taper when I was at 3mg. Before that I used liquid and pills. I make my own solution out of 99ml of water and 1ml of vodka. At 3mg I was reducing 1.5ml per day. My taper has been very symptom based. Whenever I felt symptoms start to get worse I would hold and then sometimes slow down my taper. I did a lot of research on here and people who do daily microtaper seem to end up better. I would figure out how to do a dry daily microtaper if the liquid didn't work for me. It doenst work for my friend so that is why I originally posted.

Glad to hear you're doing well with that I was wondering though at 3 mg shut the amount of vodka be 6 ml instead of one or did you decide to do it a different way? 

I did 1ml of vodka  per 1mg of valium. I dose 3 times a day. So I made 3 jars each containing 1mg of valium. I do 1mg of valium + 1ml of vodka. Then I add 99ml of water. So in total this was 3ml of vodka (one for each mg of valium for each of the 3 daily doses).

Now that I am lower 1 make 1mg of valium +1ml of vodka + 99ml of water ( same thing except I only make one dose). I reduce by 1ml per day. I split the dose into 3.