Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hot and Cold Flashes

[...]

Hi Folks,

I have been tapering, 0.001 mg per day, for 90 days. 

Recently, I feel chilled all the time and then I get hot - like sweaty hot.

Hot and Cold all day long.  Like a flu or a cold but no other symptoms.

Does anyone experience this?

Hi Bob! I have experienced this all during my taper. It comes and goes. It’s a symptom I can live with!

Wishing you well! sjs  :thumbsup:

Hi Folks,

I have been tapering, 0.001 mg per day, for 90 days. 

Recently, I feel chilled all the time and then I get hot - like sweaty hot.

Hot and Cold all day long.  Like a flu or a cold but no other symptoms.

Does anyone experience this?

I went from sweating constantly to freezing even in 75-77° temps. I've had this during my whole taper off and on.

Aside from menopause, the only time I had this happen was during opiate and benzo withdrawal. I have a sneaking suspicion that you're not going through menopause (LOL).  The best thing to do is just cope with the body temperature changes with tepid baths for the hot flushes and warm baths (preferably with Epsom salts) for the chills. Showers won't work very well because they don't change your core temperature. You have to immerse to cool down or warm up. Showers cool and warm the skin, not the core. The salts have a de-toxifying sensation and help put you and your muscles at ease. Hang in there - this symptom may be with you throughout your whole taper - it's a very common part of the withdrawal process. Just try to make yourself as comfortable as possible.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question. It does my mind good to hear that this is just a side effect of benzo withdrawal. I’ll try your suggestions including the ones about salts in the bath-that sounds intriguing.

I have the same Bob , mostly I'm overheated, and my skin is hot , I turn the Ac on and then I get chilled. for me I experience this all the time.

I belive it will pass as our nervous systems heal though, hang in there !

MIyu

I am sorry we all have this.  I never experienced it until the last 2 weeks - I have been tapering for months so this was new to me.

At least I am not coming down with a cold.  I thought for sure I was getting a summer cold or a flu.