Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Yes Scardie they contain phenylalanine.The tevas contain more than the par.But if you got to be on odts you dont have much of a choice.It gives me headaches and I hate the idea of even taking the crap but what can you do.I take the teva odts so of courrse they have  the most,just the way my luck is.

I do the dlmt.Best way to taper imho.

If you have adapted to solco stick with it unless you cant find that brand no more.

You need a scale to know how much you are taking unless you make it into liquid.

Waves uses one of these to cut her odts.

http://www.xacto.com/products/cutting-solutions/knives

As far as dry cutting a tablet I think you would need a pill crusher and scale.

Best wishes for you Scardie

Thank you so much for the kind detailed reply & the link. I’m holding right now, not doing so great, but trying to get a pre game plan in place, as much as my brain will allow, without upsetting anyone along the way as I’m not ready to start yet, but still have questions.

I suppose I would have to touch base with waves to figure out which exacto blade & handle, it’s hard to explain, but here solcos are very soft, not as soft as odts but, they are quite impossible to dry cut without crushing them, with my various pill cutter or even just plain razor blade. if I wanted to try & eyeball cut until my dose got lower since I’m on 4mg per day. But that exacto may work. The only reason I’m considering changing from solco, is because I wanted the option to dry cut till dose is lower. I’m trying to avoid another crossover for sure. I don’t know if I’ll adapt to liquid & would need much patient hand holding guidance to try that or scales.

If I do liquid, I scared of using liquor, as really do not want to ingest it, smell it, taste it etc, but heard it’s the easiest way to make own liquid. Do you know if that’s true? Are you dlmt using liquor? I wanted to try learning to use milk instead, but that’s not portable & I dose 4 times per day.

I’m not wanting to have to mess with scales,if I can avoid it at all. My brain won’t do it. But I may have to.

Thanks again, best wishes to you, SC

Yes I am using smirnoff 80 proof vodka.That way you dont have to worry about your dose spoiling with milk and you can make a 10 day supply.

I was scared too when I went from tablets to liquid but guess what,no problems at all.There is also food grade propylene glycol but I figured,personally,vodka as a solvent was more natural than another chemical.

I dont smell the ethanol all I smell is the strawberry flavor thats in the odt.

Personally ethanol is the most convenient way I know of thus far.

Hope I have helped you Scardie.

Thank you, one. That is very helpful & inspiring. Only I don’t have strawberry odts...lol

Take care, SC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Intend and Libertas,

I'm taking the brand name Klonopin but I plan to dissolve the ODT's so that I can do a liquid taper. 

I can't stand the idea of spending so much money for the brand name and then throwing part of it out! So I'll use the ODT to replace just 1 of my 3 doses a day and dissolve that. I am too sensitive to chemical changes to change over completely.

I'm glad to know that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two, since pharmacies seem to switch between the two manufacturers.

That is interesting though, about the difference in the amount of artificial sweetener as I'm certainly avoiding things that might potentially overstimulate my brain. Hopefully though, the dosage is so small that it won't matter.

Yes Scardie they contain phenylalanine.The tevas contain more than the par.But if you got to be on odts you dont have much of a choice.It gives me headaches and I hate the idea of even taking the crap but what can you do.I take the teva odts so of courrse they have  the most,just the way my luck is.

I do the dlmt.Best way to taper imho.

If you have adapted to solco stick with it unless you cant find that brand no more.

You need a scale to know how much you are taking unless you make it into liquid.

Waves uses one of these to cut her odts.

http://www.xacto.com/products/cutting-solutions/knives

As far as dry cutting a tablet I think you would need a pill crusher and scale.

Best wishes for you Scardie

Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. The body needs protein to  survive. It is present in meat, eggs, cheese, milk, pumpkin seeds, squash seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, peanuts, and peanut butter and tofu.

I’m not thrilled to be using any product the contains phenylalanine because a large component of it is aspartame, the sweetener. But it has been calculated that a 150 lb person would need to drink over 17 cans  of diet soda in less than 24 hours to be considered “unacceptable.”  I got this info from PBS.

So let’s not panic over this too. The major reason that the warning is put on the teva and par ODTs is because phenylalanine is extremely dangerous for people who have phenlkentonuria (PKU). They are unable to metabolize phenylalanine at all, so their diets are extremely limited.

Please google this subject for that information.

Thanks Intend and Libertas,

I'm taking the brand name Klonopin but I plan to dissolve the ODT's so that I can do a liquid taper. 

I can't stand the idea of spending so much money for the brand name and then throwing part of it out! So I'll use the ODT to replace just 1 of my 3 doses a day and dissolve that. I am too sensitive to chemical changes to change over completely.

I'm glad to know that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two, since pharmacies seem to switch between the two manufacturers.

That is interesting though, about the difference in the amount of artificial sweetener as I'm certainly avoiding things that might potentially overstimulate my brain. Hopefully though, the dosage is so small that it won't matter.

life, please be aware that the combo of one ODT plus 2 tabs of branded K means you are taking 2 different kinds of clonazepam.

The ODTs from the branded K are discontinued, but the regular tabs are not as you probably know since you have been taking them.

So the ODTs from Par and Teva are generic clonazepam, while the branded K is the original “recipe” for Klonopin. That’s 2 different types of clonazepam.

This combo may or may not cause you problems, but I think it wise to be aware.

The ODTs themselves works fine for a liquid taper from my experience.

Scardie,

I am crossing over from Mylan to brand.  They do not weigh the same in the scale. Unsure how the heck I convert since I’ve been weighing/dry cutting. Does anyone have suggestions??

In terms of dry cut, I use sharp tweezers.

In terms of liquid, Scardie, have you considered compounding pharm?

Scardie,

I am crossing over from Mylan to brand.  They do not weigh the same in the scale. Unsure how the heck I convert since I’ve been weighing/dry cutting. Does anyone have suggestions??

In terms of dry cut, I use sharp tweezers.

In terms of liquid, Scardie, have you considered compounding pharm?

Thanks,

Sorry I can’t be of help, as I never did scales, just eyeball drycut. All math is difficult for me, that’s why bob was trying to make it so simple, but that leaves, I feel with less understanding & control, plus not sur about liquor.

I’m so cog fogged & uneducated that I don’t even understand your question. Bob7 is the scale person, though & very patient & kind.

Yes, I tried compounded pharm once, but at least at that time it didn’t seem to agree & since both myself with what people told me here & the pharmacist had to walk my doc through it, doc said will not script again because he’s not comfortable with it as he doesn’t understand, plus it’s pricey for our budget right now. I don’t think I gave it a fair trial & don’t think was stable enough at the time to taper either. Thanks though.

Mind explaining how you use sharp tweezers to dry cut? My pills are solco round.

Thanks good luck

Thanks, Scardie! I chip away at Mylan brand w tweezers. Not sure how this works w other brands. I noticed brand K harder to dry cut too.

Thanks, Scardie! I chip away at Mylan brand w tweezers. Not sure how this works w other brands. I noticed brand K harder to dry cut too.

You’re welcome & Thank you. Good luck. Like I said Bob7 is in klonopin klub2. You could also look at the different tapering groups. x,SC

My first day of switching from generic to brand k, substituted 1/3 of my dose last night, and feel like I am in withdrawal. I am not even tapering and had become relatively stable. I know we are all different, but how long does it take to adjust? Thanks.

Sun 🌻

My first day of switching from generic to brand k, substituted 1/3 of my dose last night, and feel like I am in withdrawal. I am not even tapering and had become relatively stable. I know we are all different, but how long does it take to adjust? Thanks.

Sun 🌻

Sun,

Remember that brand K is felt by your CNS as just another change of clonazepam even though brand K is the original “clonazepam.”

The dyes, fillers, binders are also not necessarily the same. The essential ingredient which is clonazepam is stronger and/or there is more of that essential ingredient -clonazepam.

As you say, we are all different so how fast you adjust to this version of clonazepam is apparently different. Most people would attempt to adjust over a longer period than overnight. In fact, most would not feel withdrawl overnight either. But we are all different in this way too.

I took a look at your signature, and I think you’re taking .38 mg at night for your daily dose. Also looked at some of your posts. From those, it seems you tried reducing by 1% and felt withdrawl. And now you’ve tried reducing by 1/3 (@33%) of your nightly/daily dose and are feeling withdrawl. That’s a tremendous jump from the 1%. I wouldn’t recommend doing that.

I also see that your taking baclofen and Lyrica. These 2 other drugs could be complicating factors. And then there was this Botox and Boswellia which you stopped CT.

I’m not sure what is wrong here, but just to try and introduce the brand K more graducually, and don’t do it by reducing the generic from 1% to 33%. I saw you were looking for a benzo wise doc, so did you ever find one? Someone is writing those Rxs so do they know anything about benzo w/d?

It could be that your initial injury is the cause of problems as it may not be fully healed. And these supplements like the Boswellia have unknown side effects that can cause problems and interactions. But once introduced, they are there. So perhaps that Cold Turkey could be causing problems also as a cold turkey of anything has long lasting effects in most cases.

You wrote here in this post that your we’re finally “relatively stable” so this is hard to say. Sometimes other non benzo reasons come into play. It’s not always benzos that cause the problem is what I’m saying.

And you may have interdose withdrawl and not tolerance withdrawl. Maybe you could split your dose into equal parts for a morning  dose and a nightly dose.  I would say speak with your doctor and see what they say about all this possible problems, and it is definitely not a good idea to go from withdrawing 1% to 33% of your generic to acclimate to any new clonazepam. I would talk also with builder again, and try talking with bob7 on the klonopin klub and see what they say. Bob is patient and helpful. He could have good ideas for your situation. Ask him everything that I’ve brought up.

Sun, I just want to emphasize that brand K is the original Rivotril. Klonopin is the brand name and clonazepam is the essential ingredient in Rivotril and the brand name of it which is Klonopin.

Intend,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry my post was confusing, as I didn’t reduce my dosage by 30% overall. I substituted 30% of my generic with brand k. The rest is generic, but the same dose, .38mg.  I wish I could go slower but I only have 40 days of generic left. Is this too fast?

The brand feels like a different drug. Day 1 felt like I was in wd. Day 2 I felt drugged up. Headaches. It feels less smooth and stronger than my generic. It hits hard faster, leaves faster.  Let’s put it this way, if I was given brand on day 1, I never would have taken this drug. It feels like Ambien, which I was never able to take. Mylan generic was smooth, calming, relaxed muscles, never felt drugged.

I am considering trying another generic, but so many are being discontinued. I hate to switch again.

Sun, when you substitute one clonazepam for another, you are reducing or increasing one clonazepam for another.

In this case, since your Mylan is a generic of clonazepam, and the brand K is Rivotril , the mylan is weaker and the Rivotril is stronger. So when you substitute the mylan for the Rivotril, the mylan is being reduced as you introduce the Rivotril. The dose of .38 mg is still the same, but the clonazepam that makes up the .38 mg is a combination of a weaker clonazepam and a much stronger clonazepam, and your CNS will pick this up as in notice this.

Not everyone will notice this, but you have indicated that you do. Many different companies have stopped making generic clonazepam and this has brought a lot of chaos to the situation. And because of that, some have gone to Valium, some to Librium and others to different brands of generic clonazepam.

Some of the generic brands that I know of are solco, Accord, and actavis. It seems to vary by region of the US. I started out on actavis, and now I can’t get it at all. Others have found it very easily in the east US. And others can only find Accord or solco.

I suggest you call different pharmacies in your area and see what they have. Generally, most pharmacies will have a contract with a generic for a year or two, and there are negotiations with the pharmacy ‘s wholesalers for the lowest price of a generic before a contract is signed.

I have no idea how strong your mylan was, but many people just do a “cold switch” (overnight” to a different generic clonazepam while others just take the tablets they have and aclimate as best they can. You do have the 40 days, so if you donwith another generic, you will eventually acclimate. That’s just what the body does- it acclimated over time. There is no perfect way to do this.

Many people have been switched knowingly and unknowingly, but acclimated and got off. You are on a pretty low dose, so you will most likely be fine with the forty days. I don’t know a thing about using scales to weigh and cut your dose or how to substitute a new generic using that method, but builder does. It would be best to ask builder one or two questions and fully understand the answers before you asked anymore questions. Builder is quick to answer and one can easily get overwhelmed. Or ask Bob7. Bob is smart, patient and compassionate. But still ask a question or two and make sure you understand his answer.

Another person you might ask is NJStrength. She was able to acclimate to the brand K fairly fast, and she uses scales. She does not post much now as she is having a tremendous amount of family problems, but you can try sending her a PM.

Another idea is the orally disintegrating tablets. They are for non compliant patients who refuse to take their medication, and for adults who have trouble swallowing their medications. A lot of doctors will not prescribe these unless one has either of these problems, but some will. I take them myself because I have a rare disorder called idiopathic subglottic stenosis and I spend an unreasonable amount of time choking on food and trouble swallowing anything.

Let me know how this goes for you. I want you to succeed.

Sun, it’s the next day here, April 30th early in the morning, but I wanted reread what I wrote to you last night while watching tv. I see I made a few grammatical errors, but my main concern is the switching of one clonazepam to another. No one who has to do this likes doing this. Some have no trouble at all, while others have all kinds of problems just like you described.

You tried to switch from mylan generic clonazepam to brand K. So for one day you had @30% of your .38 mg daily dose as brand K and @70% of that daily dose as mylan generic clonazepam in your system. I don’t think think that 30% of the brand K should cause you problems if you call around to pharmacies today and get going on finding another generic clonazepam and go and get whatever one you can find.

I have been switched from one generic clonazepam to another 6 times. Some of those times, I was in the middle of being fully acclimated and was tapering when I had to switch. Other times, I hadn’t fully acclimated, and had to switch. I have a pretty benzo wise pdoc, and when I came up with the idea of those orally disintegrating tablets, he liked the idea because of my swallowing problems.

I do think I might have a record number of switches of clonazepam which is why I’m telling you this. The only other person that I know of is Libertas who has been switched 7 times. She is another person you might want to PM just to find out how well all this switching worked for her. She is still here on BB so no worries about that. I just wanted you to know that many have had to switch their clonazepam.

Once again, let me know how you do because I’m very interested.

Intend, thank you so much! That’s great feedback.💕

Once again, I find myself with significant wd symptoms after 3rd night of 70%mylan, 30% brand. So day 1, some wd sxs; day 2 better, but felt very “drugged”; day 3, strong wd sxs symptoms, lots of pain, headaches, etc.

The only thing I can think of is I had cut the brand pill over a month ago, and maybe that affected strength? Also, every once in a while I get a “bum” Mylan (does not work/feels like water pill).

My system is so sensitive I don’t think it could handle multiple changes w generics. I am hoping I adjust after a week or so.

How do I msg the folks you mention? Via pm??

Thank you and I am sorry you have had to go through so many changes. I am glad you found a brand/dissolvables and  that works  Wishing you a smooth taper too!

Sun,

Overall, I’d say the brand K is too strong for you right now. If you take whatever you have left of the mylan and acclimate, you will probably acclimate to the brand K.

Another idea is to try Valium. The ratio for clonazepam to Valium is 1 mg of clonazepam = 20 mg of Valium by Ashton’s equivalencies.

So setting up your ratio is 1 mg :20 = .38 : x. X = 7.6 mg of Valium.

But I don’t know if your doctor will prescribe Valium or not. And some just don’t do as well on Valium when they’ve  taken clonazepam or alprazolam. Frankly, some never do well on Valium at all even when that’s the first benzo they take. Valium has side effects itself like nausea, grogginess, and depression, so it’s not necessarily the answer.

If you cut one brand K over a month ago, did you use that one these last few days, or did you put it back in the pill bottle? These pills last a long time in those shaded pill bottles so that should not have affected it’s strength. If you just left it out on the counter or in an open glass in the cupboard, I’d question the strength but not if you put it back in the pill bottle.

And getting a “bum “ mylan probably means the brand K is a lot stronger than you’re used to. Unless you mean the mylans were that way anyway before they were no longer available. I always ask too many questions and posts are like short stories.

You mention that you’d like to try to acclimate to brand K over a week or so. In that case, I think you should try.

And yes, contact NJStrength and Libertas by PM. Update when you can and want too. Hope all works out well.

Good morning Buddies,

Havent been on in a bit but wanted to check in on this thread i told Intend i would after i had started my switch over from teva k to actavis..well it was going good i thought..i am taking 2.75mgs a day broke down to 1mg morning  .124gms lunch and 1 mgs at night..well i decided to take and change out the middle dose first. I have a back up of 10 months of teva so wanted to do a slow switch.

So my first switch i decided to do the noon dose because thats the one i have to cut and weigh anyways. I switched out 1/4 so i have been switching .31gms and the first switch i didnt notice anything and i measured out 19 days..then i switched another .31 gms which meant i was halfway switched on my noon dose..and i had not thought about the change at all..but about 6 days ago or so i started to have trouble with my eyes like looking through a fish tank, noticed i had anxiety more than usual , some dizziness and no motivation, and some headaches...i never even thought about the k switch..i thought i was getting sick.

But yesterday it was time to do my next cut of 1/4th of my switch and it hit me that these were alot of the same symptoms i was having when i was doing cut and hold and it wasnt going well so went to a dry micro taper and that worked really well with the scale. I am not tapering now..but this is something that has to happen as none of us has a choice on this one.

And now i am almost positive that this is what my problem is..so i googled which is stronger teva clonazepam or actavis and found from reading that the actavis seems to not be as strong as the teva brand was..which i would think would be the quality of the clonazepam they are now using. So i am thinking if its not as strong then it would be like a cut and hold cause i am not getting the same amount as i was.

So am not sure what to do but i hate dragging this trade over for so long because at this rate it will take me 7 months more before and my teva start to expire next month but have been in the original dark bottle never opened and put in the back of a dark drawer..so i believe they would be the same strength since they have always been protected.

I told my best friend the only way i would know 100 percent if i am starting to have problems this short of  a time in would be to just switch the whole noon dose out for actavis and see what happens but i have been totally functioning in my life since i bounced back from being so sick and having to updose to pull out and try and save my life and I have been holding for like 2 yrs now. And that thought scares me as i dont ever want to be that sick again.

I am not sure what to do..my doc says i have to follow what is right for me but as far as v he is not on board with that because so many it has not worked for and then they are trying something their body is not use too and mine has been use to k for over 30 something yrs.

I would love any input or suggestions any of you have,..do i just continue on and see what happens? Do i need to up the amount of actavis because its not as strong..i do know if you cut that brand or crush it and take it..its almost chalky and sticky something that the teva brand was not because i crushed and weighed my noon dose to make it more uniform with the active ingredient .

Thanks for reading and i just hope we all get through this safely and with the least amount of problems as possible..will check back later and see if anyone has any suggestions i am not cutting more out of the pill for 4 more days as i wanted to see what kind of feed back i got.

Hugs to all

deep

Hi there Deep.

I’m a bit confused about your time frame for switching out your noon dose. I do understand that you have started with that dose, but the time part is not clear to me.

What you read, wherever it is, just shows that there is variation in these generic clonazepams. They definitely are not all the same no matter what the FDA says.

For many, going from teva to actavis, works out fine while others find that doing the same thing shows a diffence in the amount of clonazepam in the Actavis brand meaning that they find that actavis is a weaker version.

I’ve never quite understood the exchanges using the scales as the scales are not as precise as liquid microtapering. I know you have an allergy to using milk for microtapering and that you have always preferred the scales. Would you ever consider microtapering using the vodka/water method?

For myself, I’ve gone from Actavis to Teva orally disintegrating tabs, and I’m not positive, but it could be that they are a bit weaker for me than the Actavis was.

The only thing that I can suggest is to go slower on your exchange. If one is going to a weaker version of any of these benzos, your CNS will eventually settle on that weaker version. When anyone does an exchange to a weaker version, they are basically withdrawing from clonazepam and getting withdrawl sx. Holding on those exchanges is the way to go also.

Right now, this very minute, I must drive my car over to get the Struts on the front fixed and the repair place will drive us back home to wait until it is done, so I will be back. In the meantime, maybe you could clarify your  time frame for these exchanges on that noon dose.

That would help me help you.

Deep:  Given that you have “a back up of 10 months of teva” have you considered just using that to taper instead of switching? 

Edit added:

In case you want to learn more about drug expiration dates ...

Most Drugs Are Still Safe To Use Years After Their Expiration Date : Shots - Health News : NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/18/537257884/that-drug-expiration-date-may-be-more-myth-than-fact

I am having a tough time still going from Mylan to brand name clonzapam. So I feel for all of you going through these transitions.

I had trouble doing switchover gradually, although know that works for some. For whatever reason went into withdrawal. Did straight switch and so far I am better, but not good.

I feel the brand works differently. It’s not as effective at muscle relaxation(purpose for which I was prescribed). It is making me depressed. I did not feel that way on Mylan.

I am considering trying Actavis, thoughts on that brand?

Hi there Deep.

I’m a bit confused about your time frame for switching out your noon dose. I do understand that you have started with that dose, but the time part is not clear to me.

What you read, wherever it is, just shows that there is variation in these generic clonazepams. They definitely are not all the same no matter what the FDA says.

For many, going from teva to actavis, works out fine while others find that doing the same thing shows a diffence in the amount of clonazepam in the Actavis brand meaning that they find that actavis is a weaker version.

I’ve never quite understood the exchanges using the scales as the scales are not as precise as liquid microtapering. I know you have an allergy to using milk for microtapering and that you have always preferred the scales. Would you ever consider microtapering using the vodka/water method?

For myself, I’ve gone from Actavis to Teva orally disintegrating tabs, and I’m not positive, but it could be that they are a bit weaker for me than the Actavis was.

The only thing that I can suggest is to go slower on your exchange. If one is going to a weaker version of any of these benzos, your CNS will eventually settle on that weaker version. When anyone does an exchange to a weaker version, they are basically withdrawing from clonazepam and getting withdrawl sx. Holding on those exchanges is the way to go also.

Right now, this very minute, I must drive my car over to get the Struts on the front fixed and the repair place will drive us back home to wait until it is done, so I will be back. In the meantime, maybe you could clarify your  time frame for these exchanges on that noon dose.

That would help me help you.

Intend sorry it was confusing..let me try to say it another way..

When i decided to start the switch i decided to start with my noon dose that was .124gms..so i divided that by 4 and got 31gms to remove each time and it would take 4 times of weighing and taking away to completely be changed over..so the first time was .93gms teva and 31gms actavis did that for 19 days..then the next one was .62gms teva and .62gms actavis..then a few days ago is when i started having the symptoms..so it was time to do the weighing and dropping again it had been another 19 days and i realized that maybe what was going on was withdrawals.

I would have switched so that it was .31gms teva and .93gms of actavis and would have taken that for 19 days and then i would have been able to do the last switch all of it being actavis .124gms...

and right now what i did was i just made up another 5 days of the .62 and .62gms of each to equal the .124 gms of my noon dose then the other 2 dose morning and night i just take a whole 1mg teva tab.

Hope your car gets fixed and doesnt cost a ton..

thanks for getting back to me

deep

Deep:  Given that you have “a back up of 10 months of teva” have you considered just using that to taper instead of switching? 

Edit added:

In case you want to learn more about drug expiration dates ...

Most Drugs Are Still Safe To Use Years After Their Expiration Date : Shots - Health News : NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/18/537257884/that-drug-expiration-date-may-be-more-myth-than-fact

Hi Libertas

I have been on clonzepam for 38 yrs since i was 22. I am now 60...i am down from 4 mgs to 2.75mgs but i got really sick back in 16 and ended up in the hospital with SVT of my heart and also i couldnt swallow food..i was diagnosed with globus hysterius for that and i had lost down to 90lbs and was undernourished and was on the verge or them putting in a feeding tube..i was bed bound and in a wheel chair for over a yr. Then i started to pull out because i updosed twice from 1.75mgs to 2.25mgs and then to 2.75mgs and then i started to recover ...i have gained my weight back and feel great well until this change of brands happened..and so i have been on hold for 2 yrs now.

My husband says if somethings not broke dont fix it and i was feeling great and didnt have any problems when i started to taper back in 2014..

So me tapering off of that amount in that time frame is not possible for me..i figured if i was to try again it would take me about 6 yrs..and sometimes i wonder if it would be worth it ...

thanks for writing back and your suggestion

hope we all get through this and come out on the other side

deep

Deep,

There is that backlog that Libertas mentions. I’m thinking that the backlog came from getting 4 mg of teva every time you filled your Rx. So if you have 10 months of 4 mg, you have essentially 1200 days of 1 mg teva tabs to work with.

It’s best to do a symptom based taper; taper when your sx have resolved somewhat, are tolerable and manageable, and not “plough through” your withdrawl sx until you feel somewhat better as I just described.

Since you are at 2.75 mg, this backlog may not get you off completely, but it will significantly lower your current daily dose, and then you reassess your transition options- see what other clonazepams are available.

I do not know if teva will ever bring back their original clonazepam as they try to clear this debt they acquired from buying actavis, but I  do know teva has made actavis their “official clonazepam.” Obviously, the fact that you can get actavis is some type confirmation  of that.

You can still pick up your actavis Rxs, and be ready to try them again after using up those tevas. By then, having reduced your daily dose, you may acclimate much easier.

As you know, I’m using those ODTs, and they are not easy to cut up like a regular tablet, but I’m using liquid titration which is quite different than scale tapering. Mine are made by teva.

There are those who have succeeded in cutting the ODTs successfully. I’m not sure if Libertas has done this or not, but wavesontheshore has.

If your doc will prescribe the ODTs, you might  contact her by PM and ask how she did it.

I’m going to advise that people do not switch around trying this and that version of clonazepam because it just causes more confusion and chaos to your central nervous system. Maybe some can do this, but I have discovered (against my will) that doing this is not good for me. It has been against my will because I’ve been switched 6 times while in the middle of tapering and also while in the middle of acclimating to another clonazepam.

And I think Libertas has been switched 7 times. I do not know how that has affected her.

Wow! Thirty-eight years is a long time.  Sending all good wishes your way for a successful taper.

I am having a tough time still going from Mylan to brand name clonzapam. So I feel for all of you going through these transitions.

I had trouble doing switchover gradually, although know that works for some. For whatever reason went into withdrawal. Did straight switch and so far I am better, but not good.

I feel the brand works differently. It’s not as effective at muscle relaxation(purpose for which I was prescribed). It is making me depressed. I did not feel that way on Mylan.

I am considering trying Actavis, thoughts on that brand?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Tr...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Sn...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Cw...]
    • [ge...]
    • [fr...]