Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I hit a wall

[Ji...]

Hi mary anna :smitten:

Like many buddies you will heal too. This is certain. Wish you a smooth start and a quiet journey towards freedom.

:hug:

Thanks Jim  :smitten:  you are a dear. 

I cut my a.m. dose .. I know it was supposed to be mid day dose .. but I felt good and didn't want to be drugged .. and didn't have the liquid prepared ..so cut a bit .. less than a l/4 .. and now 3 hrs later can't stop crying .. so I'm sensitive to this drug.  When I'm clear enough to drive... I will get the vodka .. right now I have Everclear so will start with that..at least I will have it made up and ready to go. 

Hi mary anna :smitten:

If you have Everclear then Vodka is redundant. Do not buy it. Use 1 ml of Evergreen for 1 mg of Benzo.

If the morning cut raised that high impact, try to cut next time the midday dose.

:hug:

• 1 month later...

While I wish it does so :D at least for benzo solution, it is not the way it happens. Everything pass first to the stomach before arriving to the small intestine. The point is when the drug is mixed with fatty milk, it will be treated as fatty food and remains longer in the stomach environment where it is chemically and mechanically treated before the processed food passes to the small intestine. Drug partially looses potency in this "harsh" process.

So if the drug is mixed with fatty milk and it looses some of its potency, if you are switching from pills to a solution made with milk, aren't you experiencing a drop in the effect of what you are taking?  And thus might it not be a good idea to slightly updose the amount of pill that you are using to make it a smoother transition?

I appreciate everyone's help and patience--Especially Builder's and Jim Hawk's. 

I am still trying to sort a lot of things out.  I have been dry cutting and am down to 6.5mg of Valium a day. Since I am using 2mg pills and can at best cut them in quarters using a pill splitter.  This limits me to tapering by .5 mg.  As I get to a lower dose, that .5mg  becomes a greater percentage of my dose and at a certain point be too high of a percentage drop.  I am trying to find the most workable solution to my situation.  Thanks!

Hi confuseduser :smitten:

So if the drug is mixed with fatty milk and it looses some of its potency, if you are switching from pills to a solution made with milk, aren't you experiencing a drop in the effect of what you are taking?

Actually while certain buddies seem to have no problems, others have reported a drop in effects while using milk or a pharma compound solution. Knowledge people call it "reduced bioavailability" and estimate the loss to about 5-10%. For some others the drop was likened to a cold turkey interruption.

might it not be a good idea to slightly updose the amount of pill that you are using to make it a smoother transition?

I wouldn't think it's a real updose. I would see it more as a rectification for the drug to remain at the same level in the bloodstream. On the other side as we don't know exactly how much was the exact loss and therefore how much to rectify, in those case it would be best to hold with the same dose for some time for the body to adapt to the new situation and stabilize. Taper can start after.

Since I am using 2mg pills and can at best cut them in quarters using a pill splitter.  This limits me to tapering by .5 mg.  As I get to a lower dose, that .5mg  becomes a greater percentage of my dose and at a certain point be too high of a percentage drop.  I am trying to find the most workable solution to my situation.

Many unaware buddies taper by tablet splitting. With this method you can taper at best a quarter of a tablet at a time. This taper method depends uniquely on the ability of the person to split a tablet to 4 equal parts but does not take into consideration the impact of the cut to the organism that badly tolerates cut in the order of 25%, 33%, 50%. As further splitting the tablet to 8 or 16 smaller parts is nearly impossible, tablet splitting is probably amongst the less indicated methods to taper benzo.

Consider to micro taper with Dry cut or Liquid taper and talk to your doctor. For dry cut you will need a precision gram scale to weigh out the needed dose from a number of tablets previously reduced to powder. With liquid taper, if you don't have a Rx liquid, you will transform your tablets to liquid via a solvent (Eg: Vodka) to be then diluted with water to make up the right volume. A different way is to directly get a compound solution prepared by your pharmacist. With liquid taper, you will draw up the needed dose by using a syringe. Liquid Taper is more accurate from a dose measuring viewpoint. For both methods it is recommended to follow a taper schedule previously established based on the general recommendations to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. It is also recommended to taper on a DAILY BASIS to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Hope I answered your questions.