Valium Taper Plan - remaining 10mg Valium

[Da...]

I’m currently on 10mg Valium.  Holding since Mar 2018.    Started this current taper in Oct 2017 after rapid taper (4weeks - not smart) in Jan 2017 and reinstatement in May 2017. 

I’m not feeling very stable, but would like to start moving, thinking there may be no such thing as stable in benzo bw.  Current symptoms: ruminating, hopeless, burning skin and head sensations, insomnia, toxic nap, depression, fatigue, convinced I’m doomed as hard I try to counter the thoughts.

My situation is this:

I have all the equipment for a dry scale taper and a liquid taper.  I just haven’t found the right process / pace as well as spreadsheet to help track my process.  I’m open to any and all ideas. 

I appreciate any time and help you can afford.    I have a 9 and 11 yr old I need to get back to desperately.  Dave

Hi Dabhob33,

I just haven’t found the right process / pace as well as spreadsheet to help track my process

I guess the rather fast taper you made on Oct 2017 are the sources of all those symptoms. I think your CNS fights its way to compensate the fast lack of Benzo and those symptoms are a consequence to this self adaptation. The point is what should one do if symptoms persist? Hold until a stable point that never arrives or keep on tapering?

My point is that if you taper at a reduction that is so tiny then your body won't feel the change. If you feel pains before taper, you won't feel more pains during the micro taper. At the end, with the same or less symptoms endured you are out of benzo. This will trigger a complete recovery in total absence of benzo as a full recovery cannot begin until you have got off your tablets completely.

It takes a while for the central nervous system to re-calibrate after it has become accustomed to being regulated by benzos rather than by its own neurotransmitters. Although it does take a while, the neurotransmitters do begin to function on their own again over time.

Here is a tentative planning for Liquid taper that in my opinion can grant accurate small doses use. As you are sensitive to symptoms, I'll try first with the conservative rate of 5% reduction every 14 days. The idea is to become comfortable and stable with your current dose. You'll need to adjust that dose until you feel comfortable with no unbearable symptoms. From there the cycle just continues until you've reduced your dosage enough to make the jump.

Go to: http://bzo.spes-lavaux.ch , Liquid Taper and enter following information:

hQUuqrk.png

and Submit.

Wish you a smooth recovery. :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dave, I never once stabilised by holding, some do though, you'll find out what works for you. The lower I got the more the depression lifted and it was extreme especially after the Flumazenil experience. There's only one way out of the horror show and that's to keep reducing and at some point things will begin to shift, even the smallest changes will be encouraging. Its the hardest thing you will ever do but you will do it.  Peace and blessings

Hi Dabhob33,

I just haven’t found the right process / pace as well as spreadsheet to help track my process

I guess the rather fast taper you made on Oct 2017 are the sources of all those symptoms. I think your CNS fights its way to compensate the fast lack of Benzo and those symptoms are a consequence to this self adaptation. The point is what should one do if symptoms persist? Hold until a stable point that never arrives or keep on tapering?

My point is that if you taper at a reduction that is so tiny then your body won't feel the change. If you feel pains before taper, you won't feel more pains during the micro taper. At the end, with the same or less symptoms endured you are out of benzo. This will trigger a complete recovery in total absence of benzo as a full recovery cannot begin until you have got off your tablets completely.

It takes a while for the central nervous system to re-calibrate after it has become accustomed to being regulated by benzos rather than by its own neurotransmitters. Although it does take a while, the neurotransmitters do begin to function on their own again over time.

Here is a tentative planning for Liquid taper that in my opinion can grant accurate small doses use. As you are sensitive to symptoms, I'll try first with the conservative rate of 5% reduction every 14 days. The idea is to become comfortable and stable with your current dose. You'll need to adjust that dose until you feel comfortable with no unbearable symptoms. From there the cycle just continues until you've reduced your dosage enough to make the jump.

Go to: http://bzo.spes-lavaux.ch , Liquid Taper and enter following information:

hQUuqrk.png

and Submit.

Wish you a smooth recovery. :smitten:

Dabhob33, Jim's suggestion, in my opinion, easily the best way to go.  I am titrating now and it has been so much easier on me, it really saved me.  If it hadn't been for back pain, which damn benzo's love muscles, I have been lucky enough to have few other w/d sxs.  Good luck with your decision!