Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Vegas shooting- the subject of psych drugs has already made the news

[Fl...]

Genetics definitely played a role. I know it 100%. He also might have suffered from some childhood PTSD. Benzos mixed with alcohol may make a person violent. But their mind would never function in such an analytical, meticulous manner. The way he prepared all the murder. Down to the tiniest detail. A former accountant. He must have been addicted, highly intelligent, a sociopath and on an SSRI/SNRI. The questions: what kind of mental illness (brain destroyed), what kind of SSRI/SNRI he took if he did (Big Pharma will make sure pdocs keep their mouths shut if it was a costly med), what triggered him (his wife may know). IMO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [Lo...]

There’s something terribly wrong with the US law if such a tragedy occurs. Freedom to own a gun? What about the freedom of those fifty ppl to stay alive? And the freedom of several hundreds not to suffer injuries?

What about the freedom of the victims’ families to keep their loved ones alive? I guess if we don’t know why the gun law in the US is so terribly screwed up, HUGE MONEY IS INVOLVED. Just like in all the Big Pharma business.

Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people with a truck and some fertilizer. If an armed citizen prevents a tragedy like that would you look at the subject differently? There will always be violence and mass killings, regardless of what weapons are available. If you really want to solve the problem you focus on the possible reasons that bring a human to commit such a heinous act. And I strongly believe that prescription drugs could have played a role with a lot of these.

> i am now afraid about seeing Tori Amos

Hey, I love Tori Amos. Where/when are you seeing her?

(Just trying to lighten the conversation :) )

she is my very favorite and i've only missed one concert in 2013 because of acute w/d and otherwise have been to every show here in LA for twenty years. met her in 2011 and told her of my benzo madness. she will be here this December in LA and i really want to go. of course now i am scared and i still don't feel that well. and i don't have a ride.

FG,

who is Tucker Carlson?

He has a show on Fox news. Probably wouldn't be your cup of tea if you aren't into conservative commentary but he does touch on subjects like this often.

I checked and we don't get Fox news, but I was glad to see you say he mentioned the psych drug angle again two nights ago.  I have heard no one else on any other news channel talk about it.  I hoped, as I always do, that this would be up for discussion in other TV news or mainstream news sources, since the Valium has already been talked about (online) in the Las Vegas Journal-Review, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, NY Daily News, Natural News... as we've seen.  Just for the sake of thoroughness, it seems the responsible thing to do, to cover everything.  There is speculation about what happened in his brain, but to not go here, yet again, always leaves me wondering, why?

I probably know the answer to my rhetorical question.

CNN- close......but not there:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/opinions/mystery-of-stephen-paddocks-brain-opinion-eagleman/index.html

Interesting thread and following. Question though. This man seemed to be calculating and even sent his GF $100,000 to get away. How can a deranged and unstable man plot this all out and manage to shoot so many people before helped stepped in?

There’s something terribly wrong with the US law if such a tragedy occurs. Freedom to own a gun? What about the freedom of those fifty ppl to stay alive? And the freedom of several hundreds not to suffer injuries?

What about the freedom of the victims’ families to keep their loved ones alive? I guess if we don’t know why the gun law in the US is so terribly screwed up, HUGE MONEY IS INVOLVED. Just like in all the Big Pharma business.

Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people with a truck and some fertilizer. If an armed citizen prevents a tragedy like that would you look at the subject differently? There will always be violence and mass killings, regardless of what weapons are available. If you really want to solve the problem you focus on the possible reasons that bring a human to commit such a heinous act. And I strongly believe that prescription drugs could have played a role with a lot of these.

Ok I agree. But all weapons aren't the same. This is a talking point of the same people who thought Obama was going to confiscate their guns. Armed citizens are not going to be keeping the peace in our country. They could not have done anything in Las Vegas except get themselves or someone else innocent killed.  If that is our new normal it will be a sign that something has gone terrribly wrong.

Discussing the slaughter of 60 people by a madman is tough enough for folks dealing with benzo withdrawal.  But do we have to inject politics into it as well?  The issue of whether or not psych drugs contribute to violence transcends politics.  If you want commentaries on this, all you have to do is google "columbine and SSRI's."

Ok I agree. But all weapons aren't the same. This is a talking point of the same people who thought Obama was going to confiscate their guns. Armed citizens are not going to be keeping the peace in our country. They could not have done anything in Las Vegas except get themselves or someone else innocent killed.  If that is our new normal it will be a sign that something has gone terrribly wrong.

All weapons aren't the same but if you are going to call for stricter gun laws as a solution to the mass killing problem you have to acknowledge that there are other ways for people to commit these kinds of acts, and we can't possibly ban all of them. So what is going to be more effective? Trying to legislate controls on weapons or getting to the root if what is causing people to do these things? It doesn't make any sense to me to focus on the weapons which are a moving target because they could ban all firearms tomorrow and it wouldn't stop the problem. Even if psych drugs were proven to be the cause of many of these killings, even that  may be a sign of bigger issues that need to be looked into. We need to be pragmatic about this. Stop gaps aren't solutions.

Alright, I'm locking this thread now.

You all know you're not supposed to be arguing about politics and controversial issues here.  It's disrupting the forum.

megan918

Administrator

[aa...]