Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

taper help needed regarding math question when cutting

[jo...]

When cutting 1/8th every two weeks from a 0.25mg dose of clonazepam does this mean I would be cutting a total of 0.125 during the first two week period then another 0.125mg during the second two weeks ? AT this point I am confused and need help ! I have a scale and can also do a micro taper if You could also explain that also.

Considering I have been on this benzo for 6 weeks now and been stable at 0.25mg which would be the most logical taper method considering time on and dose. I just want to make sure Im making the correct cuts at the correct time . thanks

What size pills would you be cutting from? If you cut .125 from a dosage of .25 that is a 50 percent reduction, not an eighth.

With short time on the pills you may want to do more than an 1/8th every two weeks, but I probably would not do a 50 percent reduction right off the bat.