Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pectoral pain

[Da...]

Something I've had come and go over the last couple months is muscle pain in my pectoral area that causes a shooting pain if I rub the area.

I know muscle aches are normal but this freaks me out since it's over my heart (which I just had an echo of last week and everything is fine).

Anyone else feeling muscle soreness there?

I have it! Worst it's ever been at 3am this morning. Convinced I was having a heart attack. I wasn't. I'm so physically & mentally exhausted from being in sheer panic about all this. I just have to relax. I'm sure you are OK. It may help to get checked out if nothing else other than to put your mind at ease.

[ad...]

I got something called Tietze syndrome...It is harmless but really painful!

Read here on this link...I have friends on benzo who also got this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tietze_syndrome

My doc and my friends doc said it was caused of benzo and severe stress. I thought I had a heart attack went to the ER. I think all chest pains would be checked out so nothing will be missed.  :)

I get this all the time. It's scary but you've just had an echo a week ago so I'd feel pretty confident it is just related to stress, anxiety and withdrawal. It's hard to remember but we have large muscles in our chest. If my calf or arm or even my back tightens and pains it's bad but I'm not afraid. Our chest muscles are just doing the same I guess. My stomach muscles do this as well. I'm not sure it will help but when my chest does this slow, even, deep breathing often helps. Also just the act of breathing helps because it reassures me I'm ok. B