Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Therapy via Skype?

[17...]

[17...]

This is just a shot in the dark but I was wondering if anyone knew of any therapists or services that offer therapy sessions via Skype. During my taper I've developed agoraphobia because of constant depersonalization and as a result I've gotten in the habit of cancelling appointments at the last minute. I don't know why insurance doesn't cover appointment s via Skype or even by phone but they don't.

I have Claire Weekes' book on agoraphobia and I should read it again but with the cog fog that is difficult.

This is just a shot in the dark but I was wondering if anyone knew of any therapists or services that offer therapy sessions via Skype. During my taper I've developed agoraphobia because of constant depersonalization and as a result I've gotten in the habit of cancelling appointments at the last minute. I don't know why insurance doesn't cover appointment s via Skype or even by phone but they don't.

I have Claire Weekes' book on agoraphobia and I should read it again but with the cog fog that is difficult.

Fuzzy... I'm not sure but I think baylissa fredericks does it and its very affordable.....she does coaching sessions as well as consultations.... I don't know if I'm allowed to post her info or not...

If you go to I think www.recovery-road.org there will be a link on that website to get to her personal page.... Or you could just google it too....

Dr. Jennifer leigh also does it.... I think its www.benzowithdrawalhelp.com?  You may have to google that too.... Don't know if I'm posting the right web addresses...

As you probably already know, they both went thru this...

I apologize for posting if not allowed...

I don't provide specific recommendations, but there is one person who offers/promotes 'therapy' through Skype whom you should definitely avoid:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=167582.0

You should be able to find one fairly easy by googling, I found one that way (not a good one).  I hear you on the agoraphobia and cancelling at last minute.  Thing is, if you cancelled a Skype appt for any reason, you would probably still be charged.  One way around that would being able to find a Skype therapist, who could let you know when they get a cancellation and you could say yes or no.  I only mention this because, besides agoraphobia, I have also had to cancel appts due to severe depression or only getting 2 hours of sleep (need more to function). Cross

Probably any therapist could do skype or FaceTime or even just a phone call instead of video or in person session.

Even someone in your area. A few may choose not to but everyone should be able to.

Even major corporate mtgs are often done via video conferencing.

If you liked Baylissa, why not just stick with her?

[17...]
She charges a fee for hour long consults and after doing a few of them she told me I could call for a emergency but she's very busy so it's not like I can call everyday.

Oh I see. You may not find someone you can call everyday... But you cAn find someone less busy who might have more availability. Maybe shorter more frequent sessions would be helpful?