Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Terrible Joint Pain

[Li...]

Fingers on both hands pain me. They've also become a little swollen. It's frustrating...I used to have a small baking business. Now I can't do it anymore :tickedoff: just another symptom of this nasty medicine. I usually try a little heat, like a warm wrap. Hang in there... I hear it gets better :idiot:

New Girl

Yup but unfortunately in almost all my joints with numb toes to boot. No fun at all. Usually after a cut I wake up and literally for 2 mornings pry open my fingers. Hurts! The good news is that by using and flexing them they get better and better. Even less sore...until the next cut. Oddly the lower I go the less stiffness I have but it feels like I'm very weak. I never know what sxs will pop up. Just try and keep going as best as I can. B

It is common to have joint problems while on benzos and start looking for alternative diagnoses - the clue is whether it is always the same or randomly changes. The first thing my Benzo wise doctor asked me was how are your knees?' one of which has been painful on and off since being on Valium it's common. He recommended heat for 10 mins such as wheatbag then massage in ibuprofen gel followed by another 10 mins of heat it helps a lot when it's bad.

I use heat on my knees as well. Agree that it helps but I also take aspirin if it's bad. Allergic to ibuprofen and Tylenol doesn't help my joints. I use caution with aspirin though because it can be hard on your tummy. Glucosamine is fantastic as well. You can buy it almost anywhere. B