Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Palpitations

[Ch...]

A symptom that has developed recently is heart palpitations. They seem to be triggered by mental strain and changes in temperature in this cold weather.

I am sure the benzos are behind this. being the heart, this is a worry. They run in the family.

I will bring it up at my next doctor's appointment in two weeks; has anyone else experienced palpitations and how did you deal with them? Did they go away?

I experience them and also a rapid heart rate at times. This is a very common benzo symptom. But best to get checked out by a doctor so you can be sure.

I take propranolol, a beta blocker. It helps keep the heart steady.

Palpation is my biggest problem and have been for several months now.

My signature might show why...

I have from the minute I wake up and most of the day.

Every day. Had an EKG done and it came out fine.

It's the only thing that scare me now, the palpation. I can handle the anxiety, sweats, blur vision, head pressure, tinnitus, terrors.

We have heart disease in the family so I'm really freaked out by the constant palpation.

Telling myself it's just the wd.

I hate them. Especially I don't get them so often or I don't notice them.

Then suddenly day comes when they are very ugly, could get a series of them in short time and it looks like some kind of heart failure. After some panicking (heartbeat skyrocketing) all is ok again.

I don't see a good way to deal with them, but I comfort myself with a though it is me being stressed / wd.

Also I imagine real heart failure (in males) would be accompanied with crushing chest pain a trouble breathing but that does not happen.

I've been recently to GP for heart check anyway (he listened to it and it was fine) and will get EKG and Holter for peace of my mind.

hi yes, i was experiencing palpitations when my anx was at it's worse (common symptom of intense anxiety) but these have since gone away with my anxiety reducing. Probs will for you too but by all means check with your doc :)