Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What where your symptoms at 3 months off ?

[Me...]

I'm almost at 3 months off xanax ! It was a pretty fast taper so definitely rapid detox. But my question is how did you guys feel around your 3 month mark ? What symptoms ? Any improvements ?

[59...]

Hi. At three months off Xanax, I began to increase exercise. This turned my whole recovery around. I have a big dog that needs to go out first thing, AM, and then his morning walk; I found a gorgeous place in nature not far from my house, and I started walking and hiking; increasing the time and changing the paths. This is simple brain physiology. I believe that exercise is the key out of the withdrawal.

The sx were revved a bit from the summer heat, but it was very well worth the daily exercise and it propelled me further along in recovery. The fatigue and depression eased up, and I started more meditation to cope. I would highly recommend daily exercise whether you feel like it or not. Even for just a short time. Good Luck. Karuna

I was very bad at 3 months still. Akathisia, adrenal surges, depression, benzo belly, severe headaches.

But these past few weeks I've really turned a corner! So hang in there. I didn't expect to feel good again after how bad I was feeling in November. I thought I would be suffering forever.

I am three months out from my jump off the 'designer' Benzo Diclazepam after my rushed taper. I didn't CT but I had to taper off the equivalent of 700mg of Diazepam in 7 months.

My sxs now are:

Extreme physical exhaustion/lethargy - I am struggling to walk and even sit up a lot of the time.

Crash after any kind of physical excursion

General malaise - feel unwell all the time like I am getting over an illness

Very weak, can't walk far, can't carry much at all, even sitting up straight is an effort

Thumping heart

Low blood pressure

Palpitations

Severe inner vibrations

Extreme sensitivity to the cold

Pins and needles/numbness in my hands and feet

Sweating/overheating

Boils on skin

Hair loss

Grey nails

Dry skin

Nerve pain all over my body

Painful, heavy periods to the point I have started feeling faint and disoriented at this time of the month (used to happen before Benzo WD but it's certainly got worse. Thankfully I don't feel like this all the time though).

Tight muscles all over my body

Nausea on and off

Strange taste in my mouth

Phantom smells in my nose such as cheese, stale milk and strangest of all, Cannabis lol.

Muscle cramp in my right hand, very painful and happens randomly when I am using my hand.

Visual snow (had a degree of this all my life but WD hasn't helped it).

Backache (very painful)

Side pain

Electric 'zaps' all over my body

Can't see in the dark at all

Insomnia (very boring and does nothing to help my lethargy problem. It's also given me a very serious YouTube addiction!  :P )

Tingling neck (mainly at night and in the mornings)

I feel like reheated death in the mornings, very sick, full of adrenaline.

Dizzy spells (drastically improved but still pretty bad with my periods)

I am quite depressed, but this is the result of the frustration with being so unwell for so long and not being able to do the things I enjoy.

What's improved/gone altogether

Dizziness - comes and goes, mainly a problem at period times now - 80% better

Confusion/disorientation - Very bad paradoxical reaction to Benzos. Comes and goes, comes with my periods (had it before WD too at this time) and the feeling faint thing - 95% better.

Head pressure - really bad for about two months post jump. I still get pressure in my nose sometimes but nothing I can't deal with - 95% better

Tooth/jaw pain - 95% better

DP/DR - Severe paradoxical reaction to Benzos - 99% gone, hardly noticeable now.

Panic attacks - Severe paradoxical reaction to Benzos - 99% gone.

Destructive urges and aggression - Severe paradoxical reaction to Benzos - Get these at period time, otherwise 99% gone.

So yeah, I'm far, far from ok but at least I am not having to deal with all the nasty side effects. I'd also like to know if anyone has had any luck getting Benzos put in their medical notes as an allergy/must not be given them under any circumstances. I am going to try and do this based on my severe paradoxical side effects. The thought of landing up in hospital and being unable to speak for myself, and being given Benzos after what they did to me really scares me.  :-\

I spoke to my doctors nurse about putting benzos as an allergy in my notes, she said she would. I watched her type it in.

Last week I had to have a procedure and they put a red bracelet on my wrist with allergy on it and my notes said allergic to benzodiazapams in red so yes you can have them do it.

I spoke to my doctors nurse about putting benzos as an allergy in my notes, she said she would. I watched her type it in.

Last week I had to have a procedure and they put a red bracelet on my wrist with allergy on it and my notes said allergic to benzodiazapams in red so yes you can have them do it.

Yes, I'm going to try and do this and the bracelet idea. It really worries me if I was involved in some kind of emergency and I was given Benzos because they most certainly gave me some really nasty paradox reactions. Hospitals terrify me enough without the thought of a possible lengthy stint in the psych ward once the emergency was done with.

Yes, I'm going to try and do this and the bracelet idea. It really worries me if I was involved in some kind of emergency and I was given Benzos because they most certainly gave me some really nasty paradox reactions. Hospitals terrify me enough without the thought of a possible lengthy stint in the psych ward once the emergency was done with.

I also carry a note in my wallet telling my medical history and that I am allergic to benzos.

I started doing this when I started to taper as a precaution to let people know that I am on klonopin but at what dose.

I also carry a note in my wallet telling my medical history and that I am allergic to benzos.

I started doing this when I started to taper as a precaution to let people know that I am on klonopin but at what dose.

I have it on an app on my phone and a piece of paper in my wallet stating where to find it. This says not to give me Benzos, steroids or fluoroquinolone antibiotics, anything that can agitate your CNS or effects GABA, and says I have Benzo WD sxs etc. It does bother me that nobody would take this seriously unless someone 'professional' said it, so that's my next step.