Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thick DP/DR Holiday Struggle

[Tr...]

My dp/dr is really crushing me.  Debilitating.  With the holiday's I'm even more aware.  Since neighbor's have been stopping by unexpectedly, I'm REALLY trying to cope without breaking down in tears.  Any advice?  How are people pushing through sxs during this time of year?

Stay Strong,

Try

It all became too much for me, ended up in bed with major depression.  Don't allow your neighbors or anything you have control of stress you out.  Don't answer the door or just say you aren't feeling well. This is one thing you have control over, so please take advantage of it. Be well.  Cross

My dp/dr is really crushing me.  Debilitating.  With the holiday's I'm even more aware.  Since neighbor's have been stopping by unexpectedly, I'm REALLY trying to cope without breaking down in tears.  Any advice?  How are people pushing through sxs during this time of year?

Stay Strong,

Try

Same here. Waves of depression, anxiety, can barely walk due to muscle pain, but decided, no way I am going to let this ruin my weekend. Made myself get of bed, briefly saw a friend, got outside for a little while, bought good groceries. Now to watch a good movie, eat my dinner, and go to bed. Then tomorrow, do what I did today.

I wasn't happy the whole time, but I did it anyway. Came here to BB for understanding since friends and family don't get it or even try.

One thing I said to myself is that next year I will be off this stuff, and if I am not, I know at least I will be at a lower dose and have even more coping skills and friends here at BB who understand.

Stay strong and limit social contact if that helps, say you have a cold or something.

Sending good thought to everyone here!

Merry Christmas.

If I get anxious I go swimming when I can.  But obviously that involves seeing people.  Do something else that distracts you.  Dr Who on TV all day??  I have yet to go to the inlaws where of course I cant swim.  Not looking forward to it

Feel better  :)

Merry Christmas.

If I get anxious I go swimming when I can.  But obviously that involves seeing people.  Do something else that distracts you.  Dr Who on TV all day??  I have yet to go to the inlaws where of course I cant swim.  Not looking forward to it

Feel better  :)

Tinwi,

Thank you, Merry Christmas!

Try