Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gram Scale or Liquid for 1mg Klonopin taper?

[...]

Hi, I am trying to come up with a plan before I do this. I failed once trying to get off clonazepam which I have been on for 20 years... I want the least amount of side effects and truly don't care if it takes me years. I just want it to be as seamless as possible!

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then 0.96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Thank you so much in advance! SO scary!!!!!!

Hi, I am trying to come up with a plan before I do this. I failed once trying to get off clonazepam which I have been on for 20 years... I want the least amount of side effects and truly don't care if it takes me years. I just want it to be as seamless as possible!

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then maybe .96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Tapering with a scale is difficult with K because of its potency relative to tablet weight.  The common gram scale are only graduated to .001grams, or 1mg.  So when you are starting with a tablet that might only weigh 130mg, trying to make reduction of 1-2% means reading out to .0013-.0026 grams  (1.3-2.6mg).  Your at, or beyond the limits of the scale.  Folks have successfully tapered of K with a scale, but it's pretty tricky.

With  liquid however, its really easy to accurately measure out to .001mg, or even .0001mg.

How do you do it?  Dissolve your tablets in a solution of alcohol or propylene glycol and water, then use an oral syringe measure out your dose.  If you make a 1mg=10ml solution a 1mg syringe can measure in increments of .001mg.  If you do a 1mg=100ml, then a 1mg syringe can measure down to .0001mg.

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then maybe .96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Tapering with a scale is difficult with K because of its potency relative to tablet weight.  The common gram scale are only graduated to .001grams, or 1mg.  So when you are starting with a tablet that might only weigh 130mg, trying to make reduction of 1-2% means reading out to .0013-.0026 grams  (1.3-2.6mg).  Your at, or beyond the limits of the scale.  Folks have successfully tapered of K with a scale, but it's pretty tricky.

With  liquid however, its really easy to accurately measure out to .001mg, or even .0001mg.

How do you do it?  Dissolve your tablets in a solution of alcohol or propylene glycol and water, then use an oral syringe measure out your dose.  If you make a 1mg=10ml solution a 1mg syringe can measure in increments of .001mg.  If you do a 1mg=100ml, then a 1mg syringe can measure down to .0001mg.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: