Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Gram Scale or Liquid for 1mg Klonopin taper?

[...]

Hi, I am trying to come up with a plan before I do this. I failed once trying to get off clonazepam which I have been on for 20 years... I want the least amount of side effects and truly don't care if it takes me years. I just want it to be as seamless as possible!

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then 0.96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Thank you so much in advance! SO scary!!!!!!

Hi, I am trying to come up with a plan before I do this. I failed once trying to get off clonazepam which I have been on for 20 years... I want the least amount of side effects and truly don't care if it takes me years. I just want it to be as seamless as possible!

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then maybe .96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Tapering with a scale is difficult with K because of its potency relative to tablet weight.  The common gram scale are only graduated to .001grams, or 1mg.  So when you are starting with a tablet that might only weigh 130mg, trying to make reduction of 1-2% means reading out to .0013-.0026 grams  (1.3-2.6mg).  Your at, or beyond the limits of the scale.  Folks have successfully tapered of K with a scale, but it's pretty tricky.

With  liquid however, its really easy to accurately measure out to .001mg, or even .0001mg.

How do you do it?  Dissolve your tablets in a solution of alcohol or propylene glycol and water, then use an oral syringe measure out your dose.  If you make a 1mg=10ml solution a 1mg syringe can measure in increments of .001mg.  If you do a 1mg=100ml, then a 1mg syringe can measure down to .0001mg.

I was thinking I could take a razor blade and shave off some of my pill and lower that way. For example go down to 0.98mg for 3 weeks. Then maybe .96 for another 3 weeks, etc etc. Is liquid titration better and why? How do you even do it?

Tapering with a scale is difficult with K because of its potency relative to tablet weight.  The common gram scale are only graduated to .001grams, or 1mg.  So when you are starting with a tablet that might only weigh 130mg, trying to make reduction of 1-2% means reading out to .0013-.0026 grams  (1.3-2.6mg).  Your at, or beyond the limits of the scale.  Folks have successfully tapered of K with a scale, but it's pretty tricky.

With  liquid however, its really easy to accurately measure out to .001mg, or even .0001mg.

How do you do it?  Dissolve your tablets in a solution of alcohol or propylene glycol and water, then use an oral syringe measure out your dose.  If you make a 1mg=10ml solution a 1mg syringe can measure in increments of .001mg.  If you do a 1mg=100ml, then a 1mg syringe can measure down to .0001mg.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: