Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does holding after a cut make you feel better?

[An...]

I think I cut to much over the past two weeks and now some SXS (stomach pains, diarrhea, insomnia,horrible fatigue etc..) are back. How long after a cut did your SXS go away? Did you get better after you held and made smaller cuts?

I think I cut to much over the past two weeks and now some SXS (stomach pains, diarrhea, insomnia,horrible fatigue etc..) are back. How long after a cut did your SXS go away? Did you get better after you held and made smaller cuts?

I cut too rapidly in the beginning and had to hold for quite a while (6 months but I doubt you'll have to hold that long). It's much better now doing smaller cuts.  :)--V

Holding does let the symptoms subside. I generally give it 7-10 days but not much more as you then hit tolerance. Once I have had a decent run, I cut again.

Everyone is different, some do well with long holds, as I'm  finding out with my wife........others, not so much. I think a lot of factors play into this. The type of person you are, prior anxiety issues before benzos. Length of time you have been on benzos. Lifestyle, work, age, menopause. spousal relationship, ect ect..... There's a whole gamut of things that come into play. I think this is part of the reason so many have trouble understanding Benzo WD/healing. Throw in the fact that the healing is not linear, makes it even hard to comprehend.

Some do well with holds, very well. I don't usually but remember we're all so different it's kind of crazy to guess at what's right for each other. I prefer normally to try 7 to 10 days then cut again. For me the key is if I'm functioning reasonably well I cut otherwise I might hold for 2 weeks. Sometimes longer. You're the best judge. Listen to your body. B

I dont like long holds but I had to this time.....Going to cut on monday night. Its been a little longer than a month but I have stabilized and feel great most of the time now. So yea its def worth to hold when you are feeling bad.

I think for me it's far better to make smaller cuts and hold for less than making large cuts and waiting for your brain to catch up. This is what I have been doing and it works great for me. :smitten: