Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Really struggling

[Da...]

I haven't been on lately - thanks to the worlds worst stomach bug. I've been sick with it since Monday. I'm sleeping for an hour or two here and there at night and my anxiety is through the roof. I feel like I can't shut off my brain ever. I should be exhausted but I'm wired.

Then last night my blood pressure was way higher than normal for me -145/95 when I usually run closer to 115/70. I freaked out, called the cardiologist and he said it was ok, my electrolytes were probably low, plus being sick and withdrawal would send it over the normal. I ended up at urgent care after another night of not sleeping and they did blood work, gave me zofran and said everything was fine.

I called my psychiatrist about sleep and he won't help me until he sees me next week. I'm going to the cardiologist now for an appointment and was going to ask about clonodine- the nurse at the psychiatrist recommended it but wasn't sure I could take it with propranolol.

I'm afraid I'm going to end up in the hospital for the weekend.  I need sleep but can't get it. Any suggestions before I check myself in?

What is your gabapentin status? That is a terrible drug, and the reason I am on this site. It can raise your bp dramatically, and you can develop reactions to it - including the bp and hideous anxiety - at any point. And others have said it can afffect you particularly when you have a stomach bug, because you're not able to keep your levels up.

Sorry you're struggling Dad. Stomach bugs and flu are dreadful at the best of times. Cally maybe post on the other medications board if your issue is gabapentin. I'm on it with absolutely no trouble as have others been so needless to worry someone tapering benzos unnecessarily. To say it's a terrible drug maybe qualify that with for you. It's helping me tremendously with my taper with few side effects. Wrong board. B