Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Mornings......

[Tr...]

How are your mornings?  Has anyone had improvement?

I wake with head pressure, neck tightness, tingling in my legs, dread, dp/dr.  Just afraid of the day might bring.

Try

My mornings were the absolute worst in the early months. I would wake up everyday with my heart just pounding. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I would be flooded with feelings of doom and a deep dark depression. I also had panic attacks sprinkled in here and there. My best time was always in the evening. My horrible mornings came to a end by my fifth month.

My mornings were the absolute worst in the early months. I would wake up everyday with my heart just pounding. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I would be flooded with feelings of doom and a deep dark depression. I also had panic attacks sprinkled in here and there. My best time was always in the evening. My horrible mornings came to a end by my fifth month.

I constantly worry this will never stop!  The head pressure makes me think I'm brain damaged.  My word.  It's hard to believe with all this that anything can get better.

I constantly worry this will never stop!  The head pressure makes me think I'm brain damaged.  My word.  It's hard to believe with all this that anything can get better.

My worry at one time was constant as well. I even worried about worrying. i had absolute horrific head pressure during the acute phase of detox #2 and #3. I was spared on #1. Probably the effects of some "kindling" made it worse.  It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced or ever will. I was fortunate that it ended at the acute of the acute phase each time. I know it is hard to believe when you are feeling so miserable that you will get better, but you will.

My worry at one time was constant as well. I even worried about worrying. i had absolute horrific head pressure during the acute phase of detox #2 and #3. I was spared on #1. Probably the effects of some "kindling" made it worse.  It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced or ever will. I was fortunate that it ended at the acute of the acute phase each time. I know it is hard to believe when you are feeling so miserable that you will get better, but you will.

Thanks...

B,

Did you have any weight issues during your CT?

I didn't CT but my mornings are terrible. I am currently suffering severe weakness and lethargy, and my whole body 'throbs' in the morning. I can't do much at all, everything is such an effort. All the things I didn't even notice before WD are now 'achievements' in their own right. I don't sleep well even though I am very tired. Sleeping makes no difference though, I feel like I am constantly stuck in the aftermath of a flu virus. Not flu sxs per se, I just feel very weak and drained. My head pressure is letting up a bit now though, I hope my tinnitus concerto and jaw pain follows. I seem to be in a 'symptom swapping' stage right now, where a couple of my acute sxs are fading and being replaced with new ones. I must admit I am still very miserable. I often feel like this is the 'new normal' for me too, but others assure me it's not, and having read so many stories from people who have come out the other side of this and fully recovered, it WILL get better, I make sure to try and counter every negative thought I have with a positive one. I am trying hard not to return to the constant state of panic, DP/DR and depression that were some of my main paradoxical side effects when on Benzos, they were horrible, like I was living under a grey veil.  :hug: