Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How many of you deal with intrusive thoughts and paranoia, insomnia

[Pr...]

Ever since I cold t k...those are my symptoms...one leads to the other. It's like a downward spiral. It happens the most at night when I need to force myself to be calm for once. Since I haven't been since the cold t. When it's dark and I lay down to sleep...my body feels scared.. then my mind finds something to worry about. Either intrusive or paranoid related...then I'm off in a panic state with no point of return to calm down. This has been so hard for me. From thoughts of (here are my main paranoid thoughts) the old guy in my apartment complex killing me because somehow he has a key to my apartment to my own father hurting me.. to people talking about me...whispering...to fires starting because I didn't check to see if the outlet was ok. This is crazy shit! Granted I'm very sleep deprived now for 6 'moths but holy heck! It can keep me up for 2 days sometimes still and I'm 6 'on the off basically. I thought this would have gone by now.

[79...]

That's a pretty common issue.  It's really easy to have then to attach to negative (fearful, anxious, depressed, angry) thoughts.  About all you can do is to try to add positive, nurturing, compassionate thoughts to try to dilute out those negative thoughts.

When you find yourself worrying/afraid, find something positive to ground yourself.  Could be clouds floating by, birds flying, puppies, flowers, yummy smells...  In time those thoughts will prevail.  Takes a little time, so be patient.

(I often worried about starting a fire.  I run a space heater on cold nights in the garage during the winter for my dogs.  Checked it on many occasions)