Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Micro taper better?

[Th...]

I have a really hard time stabilizing between doses as I believe I'm kindling from tapering 3 times. I'm at 2mg Klonopin and the next cut would be 6% 1/8th mg.

Has anyone found the micro tapers to be less symptomatic?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find it.

If I buy the dry scale what might a dry micro taper look like? What % is cut daily?

Thank you for any advice. I feel stuck and it's taking me so long I feel like I'm just getting more addicted.

I have a really hard time stabilizing between doses as I believe I'm kindling from tapering 3 times. I'm at 2mg Klonopin and the next cut would be 6% 1/8th mg.

Has anyone found the micro tapers to be less symptomatic?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find it.

If I buy the dry scale what might a dry micro taper look like? What % is cut daily?

Thank you for any advice. I feel stuck and it's taking me so long I feel like I'm just getting more addicted.

When doing a cut-and-hold taper, I reached a point where my sxs sere so severe and unrelenting, I eventually just gave up and resigned myself to taking benzos for the rest of my life.

When I learned about microtapering, I was able to completely taper off, with only occasional, mild sxs.

A microtaper will always be more tolerable.  The smaller you can cut, the easier it will be. 

Yout considering a 6% cut,  2mg X 6%= .12mg.  If you break that down to a 10 day daily taper, it would be .12mg/day.  Which do you thing your body would like better, a .12mg cut, or a .012mg cut?  :)

BTW, you can do a daily microtaper with a scale, but with high potency benzos like K, it can be challenging.  Liquid is much easier.

Thank you for the information! What daily percentage did you use? Did you take the 10% and divide it into 2 weeks? Do you have to dissolve it in alcohol or can I use something else? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, maybe you can point me to a thread, I couldn't find one. Thank you!

Thank you for the information! What daily percentage did you use? Did you take the 10% and divide it into 2 weeks? Do you have to dissolve it in alcohol or can I use something else? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, maybe you can point me to a thread, I couldn't find one. Thank you!

I started from 9mg at .025/day.  That's about 3.5% everry 2 weeks...actually a pretty conservative rate.  But yes, the calculation for a taper rate is pretty simple...choose a %age, multiply X your current dose, and divided by the number of days.

I was on diazepam and my doc gave me a scrip for Rx liquid diazepam.  There is no Rx liquid K, but you can easily liquify your tablets with a little aclohol (vodka) or propylene glycol, then dilute with water.  Its a very simple procedure and creates a stable, non-perishable solution.