Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Questions on memory

[Tr...]

At work this morning , my co worker asked if I gave the paperwork to R. I know that I did but I didn't need really remember that I gave this morning or yesterday . Also..I am having symptoms from the wd and headache . This short term memory happened when I was on the drugs now depends on days it's still bad. I want to ask and be confirmed that my memory short term due to taken these drugs. I just need reassurance .

Thanks

I'm

Tracy

Yes, I had major short term memory issues when both tapering and especially after jumping. It has always improved with time! (when I ct'd off 2mg of Klonopin - I completely lost the ability to form new memories, to the point where I once literally drove around a block and made the same wrong turn 3x in a row. The kids thought it was funny (they were little) but it was truly horrifying!)

I am 10 months out and when in stressful situations this still is happening to me. I am just not getting scared any more, its more like I get angry , like "really? AGAIN?" :-X

I am 10 months out and when in stressful situations this still is happening to me. I am just not getting scared any more, its more like I get angry , like "really? AGAIN?" :-X

Yes, I am less scared not, but I want to make sure I have it back :).  It's frustrating and embarrassing sometimes.

Yes, I am less scared not, but I want to make sure I have it back :).  It's frustrating and embarrassing sometimes.

I know :-\

hang on! :smitten:

OH yeh I have this bad. I forget what I am doing while I am doing it often. At the end of my taper I couldn't t even remember where I lived when someone was asking me. I kept getting confused and even named a town I was in that I had never lived in before . I just could not retrieve the information needed to answer the question. I had to have my wife help me answer questions. That's brain damage fo sho! (Temporary but still sheesh)

[glow=red,2,300]Remy[/glow]

OH yeh I have this bad. I forget what I am doing while I am doing it often. At the end of my taper I couldn't t even remember where I lived when someone was asking me. I kept getting confused and even named a town I was in that I had never lived in before . I just could not retrieve the information needed to answer the question. I had to have my wife help me answer questions. That's brain damage fo sho! (Temporary but still sheesh)

[glow=red,2,300]Remy[/glow]

sarcastlicly I notice that I am now at the level of co-workers that I have met. Makes me think about how many percent I will give in my future job... :idiot: