Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

watched action movie-brain crazy-what happened?

[St...]

Went to the latest Star Wars movie and its a very intense action movie.

Within 20 mins I became sick and nauseated.

Dizzy and disoriented. Fast heart rate and increased respirations.

My mouth went dry so it was adrenaline I think.

I needed a little help getting back out of the venue at the end. I was spent.

Crap.

However, In 30 mins of being home I was feeling better.

I did not take a rescue dose, but I really wanted to.

Is this a brain coming off of benzos? I'm thinking so.

What next?

Do I go back to other action movies to re-condition my brain?

Do I wait months before watching another one?

Did this happen to you?

Help...

Something similar happened to me.  I'm not sure what the answer is, but I am glad you didn't take a rescue dose.  When this happened to me I thought about it too but decided to tough it out instead.  I'm sure someone on this board will have more relevant information for you about this. :) :) :)

I find some action movies are just too intense, regardless of benzos. They design them to be disorienting sometimes, to overwhelm your senses. I think it's part of the nature of some action movies and seeing them in a theater. They just pound into you. They're DESIGNED to pump up your adrenaline!

A few things to consider:

1. 3d can have a bad affect on you because it's pretend three dimensions. Sometimes the brain just rejects the illusion and this can be disoriented.

2. The big screen means your entire visual field is filled with imagery. Sometime the camera just doesn't track motion well enough to be seen close up. You'll see blurs and things are just too big. Plus there's just so much happening on the screen at once. Our brains aren't made to process these kind of visuals.

3. Fast cut editing means you have fractions of a second to take in what's happening and process it before going to another view. Trying to sort things out can be overwhelming. Movie producers are pushing the edge of what our minds can handle. They sometimes even make dialogue and action too fast so that you feel confused and have to see the movie again so you can understand what was going on.

3. The speaker in theaters are just LOUD! It's made to overwhelm you and can just pound into your head. Sensory overload!

I'd say be careful watching action films in a theater. This probably doesn't happen as badly when watching on TV. At home you have control of the volume and how close you are to the screen. Plus you can turn it off and come back when it's too intense.

[2a...]

Went to the latest Star Wars movie and its a very intense action movie.

Within 20 mins I became sick and nauseated.

Dizzy and disoriented. Fast heart rate and increased respirations.

My mouth went dry so it was adrenaline I think.

I needed a little help getting back out of the venue at the end. I was spent.

Crap.

However, In 30 mins of being home I was feeling better.

I did not take a rescue dose, but I really wanted to.

Is this a brain coming off of benzos? I'm thinking so.

What next?

Do I go back to other action movies to re-condition my brain?

Do I wait months before watching another one?

Did this happen to you?

Help...

Panic attack? All symptoms sounds like that and that you started to feel better after 30 min. Have you had a panic attack before? Benzo w/d can cause panic attacks. It is very common. I don't think it have anything to do with the movie. A panic attack can come like that....For me it hit me the first time while I was driving my car. Not nice.