Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

"Putting pills in the bank"

[Ta...]

Hey Buddies

Dont know if this story will bring anything new to ever lasting work of finding a way out of benzodizapines.

The last 2-3 weeks has been VERY good to me - almost too good to be true.

As you may read I was suddenly attacked by withdrawal symdroms 2 days ago. I have been thinking WHY.

I dident give it a thourght - but actually 4 days and 6 days ago i felt a sleep before taking my night-dose of 5 mg diazapam. The next morning the pill was still in the pill- box and I just thourght GREAT - am I doing so well that I can just miss a dose ?

Yeeeeah great itsent it... I tap sooo clever.

And two days later I almost felt out of my bed hitten by a panic attack, my heart was pumping, sweath was coming from everywhere. I really thourght I was going to die.

As descriped in my tread the other day I took my morningdose + 5 mg diazapam to make sure my panic attack was turned off.

And then I have been thinking. Diazapam is like building up in layers of bricks in a house. If I miss a dose the consequence may not come right away. The half time of Diazapam is 240 hours (REALLY)

So I think the tricker to my panic attack should be found in the two forgotten doses.

I "spent" half of the forgotten dose to get out of the panic attack - then after rethinking this situation over and over again i took 1/2 dose (2,5 mg diazapam) to make sure I was hitten again.

Now everything seems okay again.

I learn that there are absolutely no shortcuts in a taping plan. When I tap on diazapam 5 x 2 mg in short time is a huge dose to not take.

So if you forget a dose - have it taken later.

At last I found my tolerance dose very clear and that my taping plan must be very precice (for me), since I can detect so small inaccuracies.

And again -if I dident have the many millon words from all my Benzo Buddies and doctor Ashtons manual, I have never made it so far.

SO THANKS again dear-dear buddies and doctors for sharing and helping.

Never skip a dose of benzo.  As you learned, with a long half-life benzo like diazepam, it may be several days to a week before you feel the effect, but you definitely will feel it.